Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking Jefferson-early or some place up Guanella Pass way. Not sure. Nailing something of size would be great-as Im a bit tired of hooking lil' bastards. But fish be fish! :)

If I have time to research a little today, the high country may be in order as well.

Tight lines, folks!

·
Registered
7,407 Posts
Saturday installing a window and cleaning and painting my kitchen. Might start primering the baseemnt if I have the funds for primer after all that damage - or it'll wait a few weeks.

Sunday, 11mile.

Rob

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Second rifle deer in unit 83. I'll be there until i kill or the season ends which ever comes first

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Saturday will be full of homework, homework, study, study. I get to fish on Sunday with jduncan and maybe deadhead, probably going Dixon.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Going out with Nate on Chatty Saturday for wife B-day present. She works Sunday So I will probably put my boat on Chatty befor it gets winterized Nov.6.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Headed up to grandby sat. morn. and hopefully with a little luck catch some fish.

·
Registered
721 Posts
I have the day off school Friday, so it's a full fishing day for me (thanks to my wife). Don't know exactly where yet, but I'll post tomorrow night on how I did.

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Sunday.....scouting for a buck my friend can kill....he hasnt yet and this is his first Colorado mule deer hunt. Hes got dibs on the first decent one we can find Monday evening when he goes out....unless its a non typical or has a drop tine, then its mine. im not that good a friend ;)

·
Registered
5,631 Posts
Hopefully out at atown Saturday a.m. Sunday, who knows. Its been a very rough week. We need some R&R but must stay close to home.

·
Registered
9,193 Posts
FishLip said:
FishnPhil said:
Floating the colorado.
It is looking so good right now. The whitefish are stacking up also!
Very cool man, We're pretty much going blind, fished it once last year and really thought this would be a good weekend to go again. I like how the whitefish fight, but I can't seem to consistently catch or find them (I don't know which haha), probably because I don't fish places that have them too often. Any hints or tips to catching those would be appreciated!

·
The Mayor
2,101 Posts
Aanother stab at a 5 fish slam, this time in the S. Platte drainage ;) Greenback, cutty, brookie, brown and rainbow. Wish me luck, prolly the last time I'll try it this year, there are many birds to shoot. 8)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Any hints or tips to catching those would be appreciated!
Have caught more whitefish on the roaring fork but have caught some on the Colorado near state bridge. Used nymphs like hare's ear or a green caddis nymph I tie. Trick is to get them down on the bottom in deep runs - slower moving water. When in doubt, put on extra weight.

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
Have you guys ever kept and smoked a whitefish? I had one in Michigan that was very tasty.............just wondering if anyone else likes 'em.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts