Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey gurus,

If I wanted to tie up a Lindy Rig instead of a bottom bouncer for Boyd or Carter Lakes, how much weight would you recommend? I am mostly using bottom bouncers that weigh 1 3/4 Oz. I was thinking of using a Lindy rig with a plastic worm on a #4 Slow Death hook, similar to what I use on the bottom bouncer. Last year I was trolling at about 2 MPH, but now that I have the kicker on the boat I can go much slower. We are just learning. . . and could use a little help.

· Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Beginner's Luck

Trollers- SMH-
We were out one day with Dan Swanson in our boat on Boyd Lake last summer. MY DW Sharon was sitting in the passenger seat, and of course has a fishing license, but doesn't like to fish much. I call her my "extra rod stamp". We stopped in one spot for a few minutes, talking and Dan rigged up a metal vertical jig. He handed it to Sharon and told her to let it hit the bottom, then reel it back up about six inches and twitch it. . .

Literally, as soon as she did that, Bam, about an 18" Rainbow hit that jig and would not let go! So now, in addition to calling her my extra rod stamp, I have to call her my "good luck charm"

· Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Some good advice in this thread. :thumb:
Beyond my wildest expectations! Thanks to everyone who contributed and left comments!

The DW (Extra Rod Stamp) has been in Rehab after a huge back surgery. I decided on an evening project. I wanted to organize the tackle that was scattered in a buttload of old tackle boxes. Bit the bullet and bought a stack of 3700 boxes and dumped everything out on the kitchen table, then put it back in a slightly more accessible fashion.

You guys are a terrible influence. . .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.