Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I had a little mishap a few weeks back and rolled up my rod tip in my car window. ...oh how stupid! . Well it was a shimano crucial , I was thinking at least it's got the lifetime warranty. ... i sent the rod back for warranty which cost $60. Never heard back so I called shimano , ended up having to call two times and they made good on the warranty. So I will at least give em credit for that. But I got the replacement today and unfortunately they do not make the same rod anymore. Also noticed the new crucial's do not come with a lifetime warranty anymore but just have a one-year warranty. Well they sent me a MH 6'8" which is what I had , but I what I had was a 'reaction top water' the action of the new rod is totally different and not what I want at all. Had I known I might not have even sent it back and just saved the $60 for a new rod. This new crucial is a fast action, I got a lotta rods with an action just like it, not at all what I like for a top water lure or a jerkbait. I could pretty much take it or leave it with this new rod I'm not impressed at all.. What I would've liked was something like what I had which was still a fast action but with a lot softer of a tip... Well I guess I will look at buying something to replace it..... Any suggestions for a casting rod with a soft tip?

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Daiwa Cielo from two iterations ago...
I don't know why everything has to be xxxtra fast nowadays. But seriously you may look into a Daiwa "F" in your price range (tatula, Leda, etc.) as they're a little softer tip than she-man-OH!

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Daiwa Cielo from two iterations ago...
I don't know why everything has to be xxxtra fast nowadays. But seriously you may look into a Daiwa "F" in your price range (tatula, Leda, etc.) as they're a little softer tip than she-man-OH!

Right on man. Ya I've noticed every rod I look at is real fast action , fine for bass jig or whatever but suckin for a jerkbait....i would prolly spend more if i need to....

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
I like the slightly slower action even with single hooks, especially with braid, as long as the sensitivity is still there. I do have the Daiwa Cielo from when it was on the same blank as the steez. It's the 7'6" H version, 1/4-2 oz. it is as close to the perfect rod as you'll come. It throws everything from grubs on 1/8 oz heads to 2 1/2 oz swimbaits.

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I like the slightly slower action even with single hooks, especially with braid, as long as the sensitivity is still there. I do have the Daiwa Cielo from when it was on the same blank as the steez. It's the 7'6" H version, 1/4-2 oz. it is as close to the perfect rod as you'll come. It throws everything from grubs on 1/8 oz heads to 2 1/2 oz swimbaits.

Nice. Ya I got about enough broom stick rods, lol!

·
Registered
46 Posts
my new 7 foot MH Abua Garcia Vendetta is nice. I have pulled a few lake trout with it, nothing big as far as lake trout go. The rod seems to be very nice. My only concern is its a stiffer slower action rod and I don't feel the action on the rod as much as I would like. Then an uneasy feeling is the reviews I have read after I bought it. The rod is breaking for everyone, breaking all over the place. Then on the other hand I read stories where fishing guides like the rod and people pulling big fish with these rods.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
One option is to put the 60 towards a new rod. Then just put a new eylet on and convert it to a verticle jigging rod.
Sometimes you can get just the right section to make a ice rod.

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
One option is to put the 60 towards a new rod. Then just put a new eylet on and convert it to a verticle jigging rod.
Did this with one of my old rods. Works great for lakers, even 8 years later... Lol.

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

I should've done exactly that! I didn't know til I got the replacement rod back which is pretty much worthless for my fishin needs. ....

I'm thinking of getting an okuma, found a jerkbait specific rod for $130 and has a lifetime warranty. I also found a cashion rod specific for jerkbaits and top waters $200 but doesn't have the lifetime warranty. ...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts