Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We arrived in the early afternoon and fished until sundown with live minnows, wax worms, cut crawlers and jigs. The minnows were used mostly.

Lots of dink perch, a few trout, and one big trout. It was about 15". Can't believe how small the perch are in CO. We caught two perch that were about 6", but that's not enough for dinner.

The big news was the wind. It was the windiest I have ever fished in. We moved closer to the tree line to avoid it, and still caught trout.

Worth the trip, but windy!!!!

·
Registered
7,407 Posts
Fished there two times, back to back weekends a little more than 2 years ago, the biggest perch i caught t here was about 7". Saw em coming in schools but could see 15 feet down. Saw a few that were bigger down there...

Rob

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I was there about a month ago and pitched a shutout, so good for you. You have to realize that Wellington is more Wyoming than it is Colorado, so of course you're going to have the wind.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I escaped from the People's Republic of California only 18 months ago. My dad is from here & Cheyenne, so I guess it's home.

The ice was 4"-6" but the winds were warm, so the top of it was slushy. Haven't seen it since then, so can't tell you what it looks like now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts