Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
It was melting until he caught a filthy bass...

·
Registered
485 Posts
I wish I would have had a camera 31 years ago when my youngest son had a similar experience.

We lived in Albuquerque at the time and liked to take the older boys down to the Isleta Pueblo ponds south of town. We picked up a old rod and reel at the flea market so our youngest son (3 years old) could join in. Old pole, old reel and really old line that we put a hook on and a attached a worm. We helped him put the worm in the water about three feet out from the bank in about a foot of water. We watched as he quickly lost interest and laid the pole down and started playing in the dirt. Shortly his pole started to move towards the pond so we told Kevin to grab it. What ensued was hilarious. A three year old doing mighty battle with a three pound catfish. He finally got the fish in and has been an avid fisherman ever since. Still wish I would have had a camera as it is one of my favorite memories of my son's early years.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
It was melting until he caught a filthy bass...
Damn, Zcrooge. At least his first fish wasn't a filthy protected Colorado slimer.

Cool stuff Dave. It's always cool to see the little ones faces when they catch something. No matter who's kids they are it makes your heart melt.

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Hotspotter! Probably got the GPS coords from FishExploiter.

Just joking... I saw the video earlier and thought it was pretty awesome!

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
The future of fishing..... ripping the fish in, mishandling the fish(dropping it) and fishing my fishing spot! :mad::mad::mad:

JK

It is great seeing their(any kid) reaction to catching fish, it is what I am sure most of us feel on the inside when we hook fish. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Cool video.

Wish I had a video of my first fish.

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
There is a barbie rod somewhere on the bottom of Lake Powell that my youngest daughter years ago decided to contribute to earth's developing crust, in just such an instance.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts