Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
So went and got real high. Got a few bites. Wasn't working the magic right. Brother caught a cutthroat.

The best was this thing. There were about a dozen of em. I think they're marmots. This one took a liking to messing with my brother. All of a sudden I hear my brother yell hey give me back my knife. I turn to look and see this thing running off with my brothers 8 inch knife handle in mouth and blade out to the side. Brother was chasing him up the hill screaming "you navy seal marmot". He chased it under a rock threw a rock at it. It dropped the knife and ran out the other end of the rock. He grabbed the knife and went back to fishing. About an hour later the marmot was back at it trying to eat his rod.

So then we went down the hill below the tree line and I caught 6 brookies.

Beautiful up there. The ride in his jeep up and down sucked. Too bumpy. And I caught some fish just not the ones I wanted. All in all it was a real good day.

·
Banned
553 Posts
Nice. I love wheelin into high lakes. Just sucks all the ones we used to fish 10 years ago see more people than my ex.

·
P I K E
10,117 Posts
LOL...Marmot Team 6!!! Great trip bud!!!

·
Registered
16,632 Posts
Next time hike to the high lakes. The ones you can drive to all suck.

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
Those roads are rough. Make you wish you had a harness seat belt. Those marmots are thieving crooks, but jacking a knife is quite impressive! Don't sleep on the pika and mice either. They will raid your gear and food when you turn your back as well.

·
Registered
16,632 Posts
I like to feed the marmots. They will take cookies from your hand. I hand feed the gray jays also-

1 - 14 of 14 Posts