Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went over to halls crossing for the weekend. Not a bad haul for not knowing where to start. We got 13 walleyes and 32 stripers. The water is just hitting 60 degrees now so I'd get over there and fill the freezer before it gets too damn hot.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Where the stripers all head and starving?

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Nice.... Mussel infested lake with no limit on Walleye or Stripers.
How could Utah be so lucky, lol.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice.... Mussel infested lake with no limit on Walleye or Stripers.
How could Utah be so lucky, lol.

Powell is badass! And coming up fast. Over 100' in the next month is word on the street. Lots of new fishing country when that happens

·
Registered
427 Posts
Right on, nice haul on the eats. Depending on how long it may be before their all fried up, fill appropriate sized ziploc with filets and fill completely with water. No more freezer burn

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Right on, nice haul on the eats. Depending on how long it may be before their all fried up, fill appropriate sized ziploc with filets and fill completely with water. No more freezer burn

Yep and rinse those bloody ass stripers alot before freezing. Walleyes are just good period. Especially the 16"ers you can get at powell. The eyes are gonna bang soon there

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
If you can run north a bit, guys were doing really well on the stripers
Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately, this trip will not be a lot of fishing. I am going back in May for that. By that time, the mudline will likely be far enough south that we will have to go to Rincon/Escalante/San Juan.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Nice! Whats the point of dating the walleye bags! they get eaten so fast shouldn't matter. Ill be down beginning of may do some turkey hunting.

·
Registered
16,631 Posts
Bat is way too big! You swing that thing and **** starts gettin' broke-

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Bat is way too big! You swing that thing and **** starts gettin' broke-

Lol! Well, sometimes I catch a big fish and don't wanna be under gunned! Back when i was a kid, one of my dads buddys carried a bloody 2x4 in his boat. I remember him telling me it was used for little boys who didn't behave on the boat.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
powell

Powell is badass! And coming up fast. Over 100' in the next month is word on the street. Lots of new fishing country when that happens
the projections are 50' rise on high side, even that is tremendous amount of water. will make Hite access in fall a reality. Well done on the walleyes ,

1 - 20 of 78 Posts