Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
21 - 40 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Yah It'd be good for the sedation of boat ramp morons!
I actually needed one a couple weeks ago.
A couple Local Hawaiin's came after me with a hammer before light while I was putting a buddies boat in. I guess they didn't think I should have my lights on before daylight or take an open lane at a 2 lane ramp.
They wanted to kick my Hoale ass.
Had to keep my cool to not ruin the fishing day cause somebody was about to go to the Hospital and the other to Jail.
You can't carry a gun in Hawaii or I doubt they would pull that ****.
Some locals at the docks said they were on ice whatever that is.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Why did you post in the out of state reports? Your supposed to post this in the CO reports, and just not say where you caught it :tongue:

Because I try to use the forum like it was designed and help people out when I can. I know, I know, everyone will be in my spot tommorow but I like competition

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Good run! One thing you can do with the stripers and all fish for that matter is cut their throats to bleed em out. No messy blood all over the fillet board and the fillets are purdy and bloodless. Just got to make sure you cut em while they are breathing.

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
You guys know that with Redleader, it is go big or go home. I think he upgraded to the newest version of iPilot, with the remote control.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
You guys know that with Redleader, it is go big or go home. I think he upgraded to the newest version of iPilot, with the remote control.
We had just come out of a winding Canyon at planing speed then stopped to get rid of some Anchovies and hammered the Stripers.
Fired up to move and no steering, sheared off the steering bolt lucky we didn't end up on the canyon wall:eek:. Glad it happened in the afternoon of the last fishing day8)
Jeff took it to his shop and repaired it in less than an hour.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
We had just come out of a winding Canyon at planing speed then stopped to get rid of some Anchovies and hammered the Stripers.
Fired up to move and no steering, sheared off the steering bolt lucky we didn't end up on the canyon wall:eek:. Glad it happened in the afternoon of the last fishing day8)

Did you do any walleye fishing or just pound stripers? I might be headed back there friday if my buddy gets his **** together

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
Ah man...I thought you'd invested in that new self driving boat technology. Sea Cyber Driver.

Glad no one was hurt.

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
Glad it happened at the end of the trip (and close to home).

When I returned from my Powell trip in November, I hooked the boat up to the muffs in the driveway, and found out that the starter had died. The day before we were up in GHB. Without another boat around. It would have made for a LONG trip home with just the kicker.

Sometimes lady luck smiles on you. :cool:

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
And here is my view right now. Although the photo doesn't do it any justice. Looks like I will be back mid June. Maybe we can get together on that trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 40 of 78 Posts