Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im glad Im not voting for this guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btFf66mSUQE&feature=player_embedded#!

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
For a personable guy on camera generally he is obviously a real egotistical elitist P.O.S. isn't he. I know I couldn't even hold my nose and vote for the creep......I guess that is just my simple, backwards-thinking mindset talking tho.

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
That was a dumb statement. The fact of the matter is that homophobia is not restricted to a particular geographical area. It's alive and well in Denver, too.

But he's stil preferable to the competetion.

·
Registered
5,983 Posts
Juststarting said:
Im glad Im not voting for this guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btFf66mSUQE&feature=player_embedded#!
So he says there is "Backwards Thinking" in rural communities in both Colorado and Wyoming? So what? You don't think beating a kid and leaving him to die is "backward-assed" ignorant behavior?

He wasn't indicting people in rural communities as a whole...he was addressing homophobia and hate crimes...but by all means, read into his words what you will if it jibes with your agenda! ::)

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wonder, does this fall into the category of people cannot say muslims attacked us on 9/11 without people having an uproar over the lack of use of the word extremist, but its all the rednecks who live in rural communities who bash gays?

·
Registered
5,983 Posts
Juststarting said:
I wonder, does this fall into the category of people cannot say muslims attacked us on 9/11 without people having an uproar over the lack of use of the word extremist, but its all the rednecks who live in rural communities who bash gays?
???

Who said anything about ALL rednecks? Hick sure as hell didn't in that video.

Listen to it again.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
human cannonball said:
Juststarting said:
???

Who said anything about ALL rednecks? Hick sure as hell didn't in that video.

Listen to it again.
He didn't even say rednecks if you would like to go that route, he said
"Colorado and Wyoming are very similar, we have some of the same backwards thinking in the kind of rural areas you see in......"

So it kind of relates to my question, with people who say muslims attacked us on 9/11, people on the left throw a fit because they are taking it as all muslims are terrorist type of thinking, and try to use it to bash others even though we all know that isn't true. Hickenlooper didn't separate anybody, just pointed out that our people in rural areas are a bunch of backwards thinkers, implying they are all redneck homophobes. Am I missing something there? Am I wrong with anything I just said?

Ive got another reason I won't vote for this guy, might be a political ad, but it speaks the truth...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yT3LngrOX1w&feature=player_embedded

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I thought this was a perfect quote from someone where I saw that video.

"He’s catching alot of heat for this statement here in Colorado. Essentially calling your constituents homophobes, and drawing a comparison between two thugs that murdered a gay man and the entire rural population of the Rocky Mountain states was beyond stupid. Although he seems to be a nice guy overall, underneath he’s your typical progressive, and panders to whichever audience he is speaking to at the moment. I’m embarassed that this man will most likely win the Gov seat. Colorado will have a liberal Dem in control over our state budget for the next four years…. we are already in debt up to our eyeballs from the last Dem to hold the office."

I couldn't agree more.

Oh ps... Isnt my signature just super pretty?!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts