Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
took my son and a friend up to West today. got there about 8:30 punch some holes and before i got my line in the hole the schooling started. Mckaden got a cigar brown. then nothing for about an hour so I decided to do some scouting so I grabbed the auger and told the boys to keep fishing. went out by the point and drilled a hole and dropped my line and I look up and here comes my son he wants to fish over here. as I'm telling him to go help Tristin move the stuff over her my pole about goes in the hole. got me a nice 16 inch MRB. well as I'm unhooking said fish down goes his line and he gets another one. well I send him over to help his buddy with the sled and stuff. Oh yea buddy is a nubi to Ice. so he comes over and asked if i can fix his line. instead of reeling it in he just wadded it up and carried it over to the new spot. well at the end of the trip (which was really short because Mckadens toes got cold) he still had more than Tristin and I had together. he had a blast and wants to go again. hope something around here freezes soon 160 mile round trip for three hours of fishing is the pits.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
16" for that lake is really nice. This cold spell should help but I doubt it's enough to make safe ice in the front range area.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts