Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a new lake on 100th Ave and McKay St., has anyone fished it yet? The sign says it opens March 15th and its a part of Thorntons park system.O0

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
i live 5 minutes from the lake i have fished it many times i;ve caught some nice largemouth there is also bluegill perch crappie and channel cats in there no live bait allowed

·
Registered
5,689 Posts
lake's been open for years. I have caught a nice largemouth outta there this summer off spinnerbaits.

it's AFL as well. it's also been hit hard by idiots who don't care about quality fisheries so the fishing has been lacking.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I live 5 minutes away and it does get hit hard. I've personally only caught largemouth out of their, but according to my book, there are perch, blue gill and channel cats. If I remember correctly, 18"+ for largemouth are keepers. Yes, 18" not 15". Oh yeah, only about 1/3 of the shore line is fishable.

·
Registered
582 Posts
that lake should be more watched to control "live" baiters and nest snaggers. it looks so promising at times but it mostly worthless(quantity wise) unless u work hard. I caught some average bass but its is not really productive like most thornton ponds. I use the lake to perfect my swimbaitin cause it has nice drop offs and not alot of rockbass.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts