Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

Western Slope Bass Club

6K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  Cody774 
#1 ·
I am in the process of starting a bass club on the western slope. Currently there are two of them but both are affiliated with Utah. I would like to see my money stay in Colorado.

If you are interested in joining or just want more info email me ws_bassclub@yahoo.com

This club will be affiliated with B.A.S.S. and Colorado Bass Federation

#3 ·
I would probably be interested in joining as long as it is not affiliated with the website westernslopeanglers.com in any way, shape or form.

#4 ·
I do not know who Kurt Walters is.

TFB, I know of the site you are talking about but I would not affiliate with them because they are loyal to WCBA.

Send me a email and I will give you the details.

#6 ·
hope you can get it going i wish you the best of luck .
another club giving another opportunity to fish something different is always good.

i would join but i already run the BASS club thats affiliated with the UTAH BASS federation.

currently we have 2 different bass clubs in grand junction and its mostly the same members in both clubs.

Colorado River Bassmasters is a local club i run thats affiliated with BASS.
WCBA otherwise known as Western Colorado Bass Anglers is affiliated with the TBF and FLW and fishes out of Utah as well.

neither club far as i know has any problems with Colorado BASS at all its just simply a matter of money and time we live so close to UTAH and lake powell and flaming gorge are so close it just makes sense to us to fish waters that are closer to us and cheapest on our pocket book.

qualifiers at powell are much easier to go to than going a few states away. plus most of us already tournament fish lake powell as it is thru WONBASS circuit and stuff.

i hope you can get it going though another club is always good.

i dont understand the animosity towards WSA website though ??? what did they do wrong?

G
#7 ·
craig B said:
i dont understand the animosity towards WSA website though ??? what did they do wrong?
Better to let this sleeping dog lie.  There were some personal issues between some folks there.  Don't know all the details and don't want to know.

Personally, I like those WSA guys and that website although we don't all always agree on everything.

#9 ·
TroutFishingBear said:
I would probably be interested in joining as long as it is not affiliated with the website westernslopeanglers.com in any way, shape or form.
Well thats a very angry point of view, I am a member with WSA and very happy there. I'm not sure why you feel this way, but to mock WSA in another fishing forum is disrespectful.

#10 ·
I just wanted to fix what has happened here.

Any beef TFB has with WSA is his beef. I have no problem with WSA or anyone associated with that site. I think they do some great things for the Western Slope.

As far as WCBA, I understand why they prefer Utah and do not knock there decision one bit. I happen to agree that Utah does have better fishing waters than our side of the state.

I would even maybe like to set something up with WCBA and have a little get together and have a friendly competition or something sometime.

I decided to start this club because I speak to countless people who are from Texas, Oklahoma, and other places who moved to the western slope and who love bass fishing but because of there professions they can not sneak out of state to fish all the time.

And like I said I would like to keep money in Colorado. I think that if there was more club systems that fished the western slope that maybe the DOW would put more effort into making certain lakes on the western slope warm water lakes.

#11 ·
I think its a good move, if you want to improve the bass/warmwater fishing where you are... taking your money out of state isnt the way to do it, and organizing with others that are passionate about the style of fishing you enjoy, and giving back to the community, would go a long way. WSA also does alot of conservation projects (bass habitat project coming up) you might want to try to get involved with them and the DOW with that one.
Hope it works out.

#12 ·
I just registered with WSA. I have been familiar with there efforts and like I said I think they are doing good things for the western slope.

I am not a Colorado Native, but this is my home and I will do everything in my power to protect the interests of sportsmen like myself and fight for what we believe in. Because as we all know, nobody else is going to fight for us.

#13 ·
It is all good. I like being on both forums. of course WSA is my baby...but heck like most of you I am a fisherman and want the best for all anglers.

WSA is trying to bridge the gap between anglers and I think CF has done a great job with that also.

We here on the West slope have no and get no bass to speak of and yes we are making changes.

I see no state line...I see 3 hours to Powell or 5 hours to the east slope...No brainer for me.

Even our lake with a net does not get stocked with anything amounting to a hill of beans.

I hope all can see that there should be no boundaries here...we are all on either forum for the same reasons. Great fellowship with fellow anglers is my main goal...I hope it is all of yours too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.