Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hit up some new water that i had never tried before... WHAT A SURPRISE it had in store for me and FistFullaFish.

I showed up around 4PM and FFF had already caught 6+ Crappie and showed me the exact setup he was using.

However... I decided i wanted to try using the minnows I had brought with me.(Picked up a dzn minnows at Discount Tackle and the kid didn't even count them one by one for the 1st time at Discount Tackle!!)

I tossed out my minnow on a jighead...... Nothing

So I tossed out a minnow under a bobber. BAM!! Caught 1

But in the mean time FFF had been reeling them in one after another.. EVERY cast!!

SO... I decided to swap over to the rig he was using....And it was ON!!

EVERY CAST!!

I caught about 20 or so then took a break.... then after my break caught another 10+ until the bite died at 6:00PM

In the 2 hrs i was there me and FFF caught around 50+ Crappie between the 2 of us!!

Here is a picture of one of the Crappie... I only took a couple pics. as all the crappie looked basically the same. :)

Setup we were using was a slip bobber rig like this:

With a small tube jig similar to this one:
[img]

We tried a few diff. baits/lures but NOTHING worked as good as the setup i showed above. At time the jig wouldn't even sink fully before BAM FISH ON!!

Was a VERY fun day!!

ALL fish were released to be caught another day :)

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
With your small pink jig, that same setup should work for kokanee also. Course you'd have to change lakes. ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts