Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to elevenmile today only to be blown around by 60 mph winds all morning. Saw one fish come through and could see a couple feet off bottom in the shack... Thats all the action I saw for the day. I think I'm done fishing sucker cove for this year. The winds were so bad today I saw another fishermans shack blow out to the pressure ridge, flip over and continue to the other side of the lake. He chased it all the way to the pressure ridge, then turned around and decided to take the truck to the other side. I had my shack almost blow away this morning too brother, i feel for ya. We packed up around noon...right when the snow storm came in...the cleared up as I was on HWY24 on my way out..the wind didnt die though so im not all that sad. Still fighting a cold i got from sitting out there monday without my shack.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Bravo for taking on those winds - the standard 20-30 mph wind is one thing but managing a shack in higher winds is a full time job and detracts from the fishing - which didn't sound so good anyway. Were you fishing the 15' honey hole off of Sucker?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts