Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nobody seems to have recommended Daiichi Hooks, so I was wondering if Gamakatsu, Mustad, and Eagle Claw are simply preferred, or if there was any actual grievance against Daiichi hooks.

I picked up a pack of their Streamer Hooks (Aberdeen style of Hook/ simple "j" shape)

Style # 2220

It is a "Down-Eye" Streamer Hook 4-X long, 1-X strong, Forged Bronze.

Is it okay for Bass Lures?

·
Super Moderator
1,394 Posts
What you bought are fly tying hooks, not sure how well they will work with lures. Daiichi hooks are very good quality, however those probably don't have the shape your looking for.

·
P I K E
10,084 Posts
Koldkut said:
TthePikester said:
TroKar hooks= SouthPlatter will understand later!!!
I can vouch for Owner trebles....does Trokar make trebles?
They were passed out at the BassMaster Classic for trial and they will soon be out on the market!!! ;D

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
TthePikester said:
Koldkut said:
TthePikester said:
TroKar hooks= SouthPlatter will understand later!!!
I can vouch for Owner trebles....does Trokar make trebles?
They were passed out at the BassMaster Classic for trial and they will soon be out on the market!!! ;D
I can vouch for the trokar worm hooks.....the owner trebles that kurt puts on his topwater stuff about owned me one night on his boat....I had mutiple tips trying to get their way into my skin on a rocking boat with his dog going berserk......I can imagine that Trokars will be just as bad about grabbing skin and trying to get in.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Southplatter said:
Owner hooks = you'll understand later!
Oh yes, OWNER HOOKS! Gee, how could I have forgotten.

Okay. Owner, Mustad, Gamakatsu, and Trokar by Iggle Claw.

Did I forget anything?

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
shutupandfish said:
What you bought are fly tying hooks, not sure how well they will work with lures. Daiichi hooks are very good quality, however those probably don't have the shape your looking for.

Okay. So you're saying that I probably should have a bigger bend in hook?

Because these supposed to be for LMB, Wiper, and um....whales.

Seriously, is the streamer hook, in a 1-X strong, good enough for larger fishes, in the 10 to 20# range?

Am I going to have a Hook straightened out?

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
A quick visit to Angler's All yielded the TMC Hook #9395

It is 3X heavy and 4X Long in Size 2, and I've ordered others that are similar. Thanks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts