Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Running 31 series 36 volt battery system for trolling motor. Which circuit breaker do i need and what type of wires? I asked around a little but can't get an answer. Where in town can i get the items. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Is the trolling motor a terrova? If so, you should have got a circuit breaker with it. If not, you need a 60 amp breaker. I would suggest getting the minn kota mkr-19 and use 6 gauge wire. Bass pro or Gander should have them.

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Altidude said:
Is the trolling motor a terrova? If so, you should have got a circuit breaker with it. If not, you need a 60 amp breaker. I would suggest getting the minn kota mkr-19 and use 6 gauge wire. Bass pro or Gander should have them.
Its a minn kota 101em engine mount. I finally found the manual. You are correct 60 amp. Only problem is i can't find a 60 amp in stock local yet.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
HookNLine said:
Altidude said:
Its a minn kota 101em engine mount. I finally found the manual. You are correct 60 amp. Only problem is i can't find a 60 amp in stock local yet.
+1 for 6 gauge wire. It is a pain to run that stuff, but it is worth it. BTW, I want pix of this rig when you are done! Sounds good so far! Is this an electric only boat?

SS

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
I have 40 on front, and it works fine for me.

Oh, wait, my boat is twelve feet! :eek: that must be why!

I live over by Lakewood. I am busy today, building some baits, but PM me if you need to. I am just a hack when it comes to wiring, but the big fat wire helps a ton with power transfer.

SS

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
HookNLine said:
Altidude said:
Doesn't AURORA RES. require you to lift your motor lower unit fully out of the water? They used to a few years back....

·
Banned
3,879 Posts
IFSHDOU2? said:
HookNLine said:
Altidude said:
Doesn't AURORA RES. require you to lift your motor lower unit fully out of the water? They used to a few years back....
They used to...not anymore...

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Wow! Dat chit is TIGHT! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Looks very good. Should be very useful in the notorious Aurora wind.

If you ever see a weird, ugly guy bobbing around out there in a tiny red Lund, come over and say hi! ;D

SS

1 - 16 of 16 Posts