Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a such thing cause I saw some next to the Little Thompson.
If so have any photos so I can see if this is the fish. and Do you Know if catching them is a diffrent way then catching regular carp.

Also how do I fish for the carp that I can see on the surface what should I use like worms, power bait WHATT!!

Thanks For you time. :)

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Sometimes fish that are on the swawn develop red tails from fanning beds...ive caught bass, brown trout, crappie, and pike that had this peculiar "red tail" ailment....a kind of road rash i think....perhaps this is that you saw? im just guessing, but ive never heard of red tailed carp.....anyone else have any input?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rottal said:
Sometimes fish that are on the swawn develop red tails from fanning beds...ive caught bass, brown trout, crappie, and pike that had this peculiar "red tail" ailment....a kind of road rash i think....perhaps this is that you saw?  im just guessing, but ive never heard of red tailed carp.....anyone else have any input?
are they harder to catch how do I fish for these that are rishing where I can cast bait right at them and hook them.

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
Jay is that an arrowana...a tropical fish from south america I think...they get pretty big I think...

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
Pike Hunter,

Several types of suckers have reddish fins and/or tails, and they look a lot like a carp when in the water. Suckers and carp bite on pretty much the same things. A small night crawler fished right on the bottom usually works.

Regards, W. E.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts