Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Inspired by Dave's one hour trip to Touques, um Tourquise, Tour,. what-the-hell ever how it spelled , wondering how many lakes/streams one has hit in one day. may have a record here.
Back a few years, Rad and I decided to have a day. Hit the G at the crack, fished a few hours,.went to Shadow Mtn, fished an hour, hit up Grand Lake and fished it up for another hour. Lunch at Granby, then hit the Colorado River below Hot Sulpher Springs for browns,.. Williams Fork for some laker action, then,..late afternoon fished Green Mtn res. If not enough fishing, :D, fished below the dam at GM, in the fast-flowing river.(fat cut-bow landed there). Caught fish at every place we fished. One of those run-and-gun fishing trips never to be duplicated by us, I don't think.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
I have hit up 5-8 metro ponds in a day but nothing that's too far away from one another. A few times a season I will wake up early and drive to new places to me, don't necessarily fish to much at them either just like to see new spots

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Back when my son was 6, we went on an overnighter. Fished Officer's Gulch, Black Lakes, Clinton Gulch, Camp Hale Pond, few ponds along Homestake Reservoir Road where we camped, Homestake Reservoir (first native cutthroat), Homestake Creek, Emerald Lake, Crystal Lake, Twin Lakes, Forebay, Clear Creek Reservoir and Hayden Meadows. Also stopped at a few little no-name ponds along the creeks by the road/trails and popped a few brookies here and there. Probably the most memorable trip my son and I ever made. Even though we’ve caught bigger fish on other trips, this was his first real camping trip and we did catch a bunch of trout using Montera Marvels.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
On the way from anchorage to homer AK. I hit 7 different creeks/rivers in a day. It's a lot easier when it doesn't hit dusk untill midnight.

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
When I go fishing I usually always fish more than 1 place a day I've hit green mtn the fork wolford and Granby all in 1 day more times than I could count

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
On the way from anchorage to homer AK. I hit 7 different creeks/rivers in a day. It's a lot easier when it doesn't hit dusk untill midnight.
We used to wait till 2 in the morning or so to hit the rivers for Kings at low light and less crowds, made for a long day with multiple Rivers.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
You guys are road warriors! I don't think I've done more than 3 lakes/fisheries in a day.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts