Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A really weird thing happen to my wife last night. About 7:15 last night she remembered that she had left the window down on her truck. So she went outside to roll it back up and there was some car lights to the left of her. She couldn't she the car because of the huge bushes we have on that side of the yard. Any way it must have been stopped in front of the other house because they hadn't moved when she got back out of her truck after rolling up the window. As she started to walk back the the front door the car started to slowly roll down the street as it came around the bushes she noticed it was a green Chevy truck. It rolled slowly past the front of our house and when it had just got past our house it stopped abruptly and both the doors on the passenger side flung open and two guys jumped out and started running at my wife. She freaked out and ran for the door. Thank God she got in the house and locked the door before they got to her. I have a big ass pitbull too so if they had gotten in the house they would have had a surprise on thier hands. Anyway she called me I was at work and I came straight home. That was the longest ride home I have ever had. She said as she was closing the door she got a good look at one of the guys a white guy in his late teens early twentys with a gotee. She said he had a weird smile/sneer on his face as he was coming towards her. She doesn't remember what the other guy looked like. They got within 3 yards of her! I just thank God they didn't get her. God knows what they were up too. I live in the Springs and a couple of years ago this happen to a girl and the guys who did it raped and murdered the girl. They ran her over with their car like 15 times when they were done. The more and more I think about it the more I think it was the real deal and my wife is lucky to be alive.

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Well, that is a scary story. I'm glad your wife is safe and that these idiots did not do any harm. Having the dog around should at least warn you ahead of time and help if there were any harmful attempts.

Last summer about 11PM, the dog barked at my front door (which we used to leave open while we were awake to let in the breeze) and I went to see what was up. Just then, a person ran away back to their car and sped away. Ever since then I've been suspicious and more observant about things going on.

Even little runt dogs like mine ;) can come in handy.

I hope your wife is not too shook up over this...

·
Registered
246 Posts
I'm glad she's ok. I think you should invest in self defense course for her . Also a nice 9mm would come in handy! Just remeber safty with kids around.

·
Registered
157 Posts
1) GLAD SHE IS OK!!!!

2) I hope you reported this to the police. If not, call them and fill out a report. This can save your butt in court if something more occurs.

3) Sounds like her situational awareness is pretty good. Continue to discuss this situation. What could she have done differently? What did she learn? ect. Hopefully these people didn't like what they saw and don't come back.

4) Be careful. If they do come back, they will be much more stealthy.

5) Get her some firearms training.

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A 38 would be a good gun for her. I have a couple of guns but both are not her size. Maybe a 9mm but I don't like the stopping power of a 9mm. Still in this case I feel like a gun would not have helped her because she would not have taken the gun with her out to the the car just to roll the window up. I told her to take our dog out to the car with her from now on. Keep him on a leash of course but if she had had him out there last night she could have just let him go. He is very protective of her. I did report it to the cops. Last night a cop came over and took a statement. He even said that in the 15 years he has been a cop this has happen but maybe 3 times. He said it is not common. He did ask where she had gone that night and she said the bank and the grocery store and he asked if she saw anybody follow her. She said no. I think this was just a random thing which makes it scarier to me.

N

·
0 Posts
Jeeze man, that is scary. I agree get that women a firearm. I bought every special women in my life a small sidearm. Problem is, like it was said, they can't take it everywhere. Gosh man, wish I could say I know how ya feel. You and your wife stay safe.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts