Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have fished the Colorado River for decades over here on the Western Slope. Really heavily over the past few years, and have never caught any trout that looked like these. I'm curious to hear/see what people think? Are these just off-colored rainbow trout?

Pictures are of two fish and they look like a cross between a Kokanee and a tiger trout. Both had very feint tiger trout patterns but chrome/silver like a Kokanee. I have several pictures attached below. I feel like they're tiger trout haha but that shouldn't be the case.

Fish 1 wasn't the best pictures due to the fish getting off really quick
Fish 2 Better pictures, I used a detail enhancement filter on these to show the pattern of the trout better.

These will be in seperate videos i'm making in the near future but I wanted to share these photos ahead of time to see what people thought...Again, I'm VERY CURIOUS to know what people think.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,729 Posts
Honestly I think they’re just bows, but hard to tell from the pics .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
There are different strains of rainbows....and even individuals of the same strain can look different. Fish have different genetics, much like people

·
Registered
4,797 Posts
You caught lunch.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool, just wondering what people thought...I've caught A LOT of rainbow trout on this side of the state and never caught any that looked like these.

·
Registered
516 Posts
pretty sure just rainbows......don't see anything special about them- saw you're post on the other "forum's as well....don't see anything tiger in them. period.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts