Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What different place are you going to fish this year? I'm meaning a place you've always wanted to try, but you never have. I've always wanted to hit williams fork, but I haven't for some reason. I will try to make it up there this year though.

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
My list of places to try that I havnt yet are:

Williams Fork
Shadow mnt
grand
Rampart
Jefferson
Green mnt

Just to name a few

[me=Jay_In_Parker] [/me]

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
Stagcoach, Blue Mesa and some kick ass warm water fisherie in Kansas or Nebraska. One more Aurora because I live 15 mins form there and have a new boat ( the no gas thing sucks)

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Seminole ( ;) Neal), Blue Mesa, Jefferson and a new TBD bluegill/sunfish pond for the kids.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If any of you want to fish jerry creek reservoir this year let me know and I'll meet you up there and show you the place.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Joe Wright
Golden lakes (10 mile hike :-[ )
Delaneys
Indian peaks area

Thats all I can say off the top of my head.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
These are just the new places I plan on fishing:

First off the rivers.

1. The Taylor-Big Trout
2. Gunnison-Salmon Flies
3. Yampa-I hear good things
4. White river-I fell in love reading about it
5. San Juan- Duh Big trout
6. The Green- Pretty river also big trout
7. Many more

The lakes.

1. Pueblo-I have wiper fever
2. Valliceto- Stalking pike in the spring
3. Stagecoach-Dito
4. Spinney-Big Trout
5. One of those in the wind rivers that have ****** trout! (names have been changed to protect the innocent)

I also hope to catch my first pike, lm or sm bass, catfish, grayling, and brookie this year. Most of them are just from lack of trying (except for the pike) ;D

D

·
0 Posts
Lake Erie!

With my buddy Tekneek who really knows that lake. Big walleyes and smallmouth! ;D

Oh yeah!

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Lake Texoma-89,000 acres of fun. Smallmouth, largemouth and stripers.

·
Registered
16,697 Posts
In April,Me and my bro are going to fish the Snake River just below and above Jackson Lake. Also Jackson lake .

Y

·
0 Posts
I want to hit Pueblo for wiper because I have never been and have never caught a wiper....Pinewood for tigers for the same reason and Aurora from a boat because I just purchased a used trolling motor big enough to push my boat. I am going to try and do more fishing close to home instead of dropping 60 bucks on fuel every weekend going to the mile just to get a few bites. I tried night fishing once last year at Chatfield and want to do that more this summer also.

M

·
0 Posts
My buddy and I are making a checklist of places we either haven't been, or we have only been once or twice. He ships out to Pendleton in July, so we are making the best of his time, which means fishing.

Williams Fork Res.
White River
Yampa River
Stagecoach Res.
Lakes up on Grand Mesa
Jerry Creek Res.
Strontia Springs Res.
Pueblo Res.
Lathrop State Park lakes
Forbay (several times ;D)

That's not even half of the list, because we haven't made it yet, haha.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
One thing I noticed last year is I had all these waters I wanted to fish and felt let down that I didnt make it to them all... This year I only picking 3 or 4 that way I can get to them all and feel good about it, and hopefully hit a few more if I can.

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
E, Thats a good idea. No reasson to set your goals to high to only get let down.

Maybe I should lean that way and kill myself trying all these new places.

[me=Jay_In_Parker] [/me]

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
The different place I'm going to fish this year involves water with big fish in it. I don't know its name yet, but "different" would certainly be an accurate description.....

1 - 20 of 36 Posts