Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
Only under communism does the government own land and not the public.
Ok, I can vouch for the fact that we do not live under communism since I own the land my house sits on.  Its not much but I own it and not the government.

Just because the government owns land does not mean that Joe Schmoe has every right to that land.  Since the government owns the land at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave in Washington DC I guess I should run on over and pop up a tent and camp out.  After all I would not be trespassing since I own the land.

Face it.  Life aint't fair and it will never be.  Land owned by the belongs to the people all the people.  Access will be regulated.  We may not always agree with it but it does and will continue to happen.

Dan

G

·
to deep for me man....Im not trying to be some fishing hippie or rebel ...just want the d.o.w. to look out for the warm water guys also .....all my buddys that went to college had the same deal as iceintheviens they get a cause to get behind and go all crazy about it .....the thing is living a college life ....just isnt the real world ....have a kid or two a house and all they expense's that come with both and you wont be buggin about new rules ..you'll be happy that you are lucky enough to fish at all....

·
Registered
324 Posts
I agree i would like to be apart of an organization that helps and encourges all fishing while being selective on our battles. other wise you become a group that all others want to avoid

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
fishinguitars said:
to deep for me man....Im not trying to be some fishing hippie or rebel ...just want the d.o.w. to look out for the warm water guys also .....all my buddys that went to college had the same deal as iceintheviens they get a cause to get behind and go all crazy about it .....the thing is living a college life ....just isnt the real world ....have a kid or two a house and all they expense's that come with both and you wont be buggin about new rules ..you'll be happy that you are lucky enough to fish at all....
so true so true

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Dan-You don't own the land under your house unless its paid for-the mortgage company does. Small point but one that alot of people overlook.

If you truly "own" your house and land "congrats". I'm almost there.

·
Registered
107 Posts
fishingkats said:
ok now i have heard it all

iceintheveins well now i know that you think you know whats best for all of us but untill you grow up and do own your own land       you will never under stand what it feels like to have some one come and trash your land  no not all fishermen do it but just look at any fishing hole look at the trash you might not do it but some one does          

i think you need to do a little or a whole lot more thinking before you type                  
2nd.

speaking as the son of a small land owner, (don't type cast me yet....)

making it legal for anyone to fish through anyone else's property is something that I would fight aginst. (and chances are that I will never see overship of my families land ....)

the civil Liability laws what they are it would be in the owners best interest to not have it legal for anyone to float through their land.

If you want I can rattle off a whole plethora of other reasons why..... it's a nice dream I admit and and I sure that most fisherman could come and go without anyone being able to tell they where there. But the facts of life and the world we live in, have any fishing spot open to anyone is I humbly submit to you not something anyone should realisitly push for.

If you want to fish/hunt private land you must ask the owner fist. If they say no, respect it. if they say yes thank them, and send em a case of beer. *good beer*

G

·
Im gonna make it a point to ask to fish some private land this weekend ...I always drive by so many lakes that I would love to fish and dont have the balls to ask ......by good beer do you mean pabst blue ribbon ..jk

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
If you want to fish/hunt private land you must ask the owner fist. If they say no, respect it. if they say yes thank them, and send em a case of beer. *good beer*
even if they say NO buy em some beer or something just to say thanks for thinking about it you never know when you might run into them again

one time i was broke down in my old cherokee and needed water for the radiator and this old guy stops and gives me a gallon of actual coolant and hung around and talked as i waited for the engine to cool and we talked about this little public access to the ark i had fished and he mentioned owning/controlling a couple thousand acres right next to it. well a couple weeks later i tracked this old guy down to give him back a gallon of collant since he wouldnt accept any money at the time and we got talking and he said i must be an ok guy to have traked him down to return the coolant and he offered permision to access the river thru his land i hadnt even asked that was cool

G

·
see this is where im a sissy I know a family that has a bass pond close to my house and im quite positive they would let me fish it ....im just to shy to ask ...time to balls up and just ask

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
find some excuse to head over there find something they like and bring em some or if you drive by and see them on loading something stop and offer help stuff like that make friends first then later ask for permission i pulled that off with a guy back in CA that hated fishermen i had heard of his hate so i just worked my way into his heart with helping out a couple times then one time i showed him some diving pictures and got the conversation going on fishing and he ended up offering to let me fish his pond

just work it hard and some will pan out but a lot wont attleast in the past for me

G

·
ive known this family for years and years ....my dad and the owner were on a softball team together ...some of my fondest memorys fishing were in a johnboat on there pond...me and my two cousins around the same age would act like we were hosting our colorado fishing show.....it was the first time any of use caught fish on topwater and we did manage tons and tons of yellow perch .....the biggest bass we caught back them was around 5lbs and that was before I knew what I was doing so I imagine there is some real big ones in there ....there is also a nice looking pond in loveland I would like to ask permission to fish .....im just gonna do it !!!!!

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
dude sounds like you got it made at that one pond good luck and post some pics!

21 - 32 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.