Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
7,407 Posts
I'm fine with most whatever they need to do short of a body cavity search. If you don't like it, fly private. You can't put a pricetag on another 9/11.

However, if another dude was touching my junk, I'd go off too.

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
Slimer said:
I'm fine with most whatever they need to do short of a body cavity search. If you don't like it, fly private. You can't put a pricetag on another 9/11.
X2 I'll go with the body scanner.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Slimer said:
I'm surprised by that.

You realize they search you more thoroughly to get on a commercial flight (now probably the most common way to travel) than to get on a military base?

Ben Franklin said something like "He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves neither."

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
gofindyourowndamnfish said:
Slimer said:
After the story you posted about ICE being over the top in another thread, I don't get how you can say that. TSA is another government agency, constantly overstepping their bounds in the name of homeland security. I'm not sure what the difference is here.

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
DozerF350 said:
gofindyourowndamnfish said:
Slimer said:
After the story you posted about ICE being over the top in another thread, I don't get how you can say that. TSA is another government agency, constantly overstepping their bounds in the name of homeland security. I'm not sure what the difference is here.
The difference is the ability of a nitwit to commandeer what is effectively a missile and kill thousands of people with it. What's so difficult to understand about that?

If you don't like it, drive. No one is making you fly, and you have no constitutional "right" to fly.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
On the surface I see why people would be in favor of this level of "security" but after watching the Tom Martino(?) special several years ago about all the crap that gets through security I am not sure all this extra stuff will deter a determined terrorist...

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Yea... I dunno... I prefer to feel safe, though Im not excited about someone either A) looking at something that scares me in the morning, or B) shuffling my junk like some dice on a craps table. I figure I'd rather drive anywhere anyways, so this really doesn't have that great of an impact on me at the moment. I do have an issue with C.A.I.R. though claiming women in Arabic garb should not be searched nor body scanned because it is against their religion. I agree with Dozer on principle that it isnt a constitutional right to fly on a plane, and that if they don't like it, they can drive as well as the rest of us.

But on the other hand (not in reference to CAIR) The Fed has overstepped their constitutional rights on many many occasions since 9/11. I understand we are a target of many crazies out there, but that doesn't excuse their actions. I'd just prefer that we lay claim to war, we fight to win the war, and if countries don't want to deal with the hand of our military, then they need to deal with the problem themselves. (i.e. Pakistan to start) And have an understanding that the things we are dealing with, are wartime activities only, and that when we feel the threat is either gone or crippled, then the wartime actions towards our own people end as well. This whole wire tapping, and placing trackers on peoples cars without having to consult a judge is retarded. There is no reason for it. You put in place anything that resembles a terrorists intentions to a judge, those warrants would not be refused. Anyways I could ramble on forever, but I hope I got across what I was trying to.

S

·
0 Posts
Too bad we cant call it like it is... One line for "mid 20-30yr old arab looking men and women" and one for everyone else. Its NOT the Nuns, Chinese, Danish..... that are causing the problems, its the radical muslims ! So we make a line just for them.
Perhaps if we place the burden into the laps of that group, they as a whole, will fix whats wrong with a small portion of their own society/religion. Hell, we can't search them more.. we might offend them.... screw them, turn em inside out and make them fly nekkid.
Yeah, yeah, i know its not all muslims, far from it. Im just saying that perhaps the world should grow a pair, speak the truth, and call it as it is without worring about offending the offender. Maybe when the world is eyeballing the offenders, will the socirties/countries they hide in, take up the fight instead of innocents who have to go through the wringer. Hopefully the good muslims of the world will root out the evil that lurks within, and clear their good name once and for all.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Fly to Israel some time or ELAL in general.
Our TSA and security is a joke and just because they fondle you and your wife and children doesn't mean jack if they really want to take a plane.
The union that represents your kids teachers could give a f it they are educated and the same goes for those that provide your security.
Wake up.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
This is way too far. I heard of a chamber that will detonate any explosives a person is carrying. I say we use that, or start profiling and giving the rest of America a friggin' break. But noooo, we have to molest nuns. :mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
12,554 Posts
People are complaining about being fondled? Seriously?

I would just eat a few bean burritos and go after it once they get on their knees. I would also be cracking jokes about them being on their knees...

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
I have taken well over 100 flights so far this year. I have yet to feel a TSA search was inappropriate. The problem/concern is overstated.

·
Registered
844 Posts
A week or so ago someone posed the question of how one would deal with catching their wife with their lover in reguards to giving her a beating.
My question is how are you going to feel when some guy/woman is feeling up your wife or child?
I flew a month ago and if I don't have to do it again it won't bother me, I'm good with driving and my Glock in my lap.

·
Registered
7,407 Posts
FunkMasterSnowshoe said:
Bionic Man said:
I have taken well over 100 flights so far this year. I have yet to feel a TSA search was inappropriate. The problem/concern is overstated.
+1

S_L - the shoe bomber wasn't Arab, he was just a dumbass white guy.
Neither was McVeigh. Yeah, he didn't try to kill thousands by jacking a plane. But criminals and those intending to do this country and it's citizens harm are always trying to stay one step ahead of the law. Gotta keep em guessing or changing their plan of attack.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Israeli security is extremely bigoted and they racially profile heavily, and say it outright and criticize us for not doing the same, just saying.
The nation is hated by the muslims like no other and their planes are safe without groping everyone who flies.
As far as being bigoted, that probably comes from people who are trying to kill you and maybe bigoted is the wrong word there.
I would like to see one event that all this screening has stopped, what do you think will happen if a terrorist is made in the xray booth?

·
Registered
291 Posts
I also fly frequently for work and havent really had a problem with the TSA, other than being SLOW!!!! But more than anything it is the fact that these people still go to the sirport uneducated about the rules.

I cant tell you how many times I get behind some imbecile that has a big can of hairspray and cant underdtand why they cant take it with them, or a pocket knife, etc. You would think that with the media saturation of the rules of the airport screening that by now these travellers would get it.

When I travel I check my bags and only carry my laptop or a book with me on the plane, I wear shoes that I can take on and off quickly, already have all my metal items off and ready to go. How hard really is it? This is for our safety, and personally I dont want to die on a business flight at the hands of some radical.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Everyday we become less American, and less free, and we sit by and let it happen in the name of Security.
Wake the hell up.

Are you all so stupid that you think this is a way to stop the terrorists?

The TSA is a bunch of loser morons that lucked out and got a job with the gubment. If any of us were to do a pat search of a citizen we'd have to register as a sex offender.

Until people make a stand and say we have had enough and we aren't goint to take it anymore then we will continue on a downward spiral into a military state.

Guess the Patriot act is also OK... ::)

1 - 20 of 63 Posts