Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
16,653 Posts
Prolly 25 years ago at Spinney my Dad and I were fishing the back side and catching quite well. These two A-holes in a boat decided to start drifting right into us on the shore. One was standing in front one in back. Well I was chucking a 3/8 Croc and hucked it right over the boat and ripped it back. It slammed into the aluminum gunwale loud AF and came right between the two guys. That dude started screaming Im packing' Im gonna get you! He didn't see the pile of perfect chucking rocks I had piled at my feet. I just said come on *******. They left-

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
That's why I don't fish mac anymore. The boaters troll by 10ft off the dam. Tough to not "accidentally" cast into their prop

·
Registered
20 Posts
Colorado Boatings regs prohibit boat operation with 150 Feet of a person on shore. So not only is it illegal, it is in poor taste. you have the entire lake to fish, let the guys on shore have their small portion.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
There was a camper on the shoreline. There were rods on shore, but no lines out, and no one out tending the rods. We had been trolling that shoreline for hours. Then the guy just comes out of the camper, picks up a rod, and casts past the stern of our boat. I feel we were far enough from shore, and the guy was not fishing, it was mid day and he was in his camper doing whatever. We try to stay out of range from the guys on shore, we are sometimes those guys. However, even being a hundred yards out, some of them get so butt hurt when you are trolling past them and hook up with fish. Anyhow we exchanged a few unpleasantries as we continued to troll by, and left.

·
Registered
338 Posts
It goes both ways. I would never kick the belly boat in casting distance of people on shore, but have been run out of an area where I was the first one there. There are people that have no problem coming in and casting right where I'm actively fishing...entitled I guess.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
@PECO you give boaters a bad name. Why be this way when you have the entire lake to fish? Just back off. Be a decent human.
We were a good distance off shore, the lake is narrow there, very low this time of year. And like I said, the guy wasn't even fishing. So he can park rods on shore and no one can troll past that spot? I'm the bad guy?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So it is cool to sit on shore, not fishing, and cast lures at every boat that goes by? With a rod not even rigged for fishing, just rigged to huck huge daredevils and extra weight out as far as possible and try to hit people on boats? OK, got it now.

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
It sounds like you didn’t exactly hear what you were hoping for, but you were wrong sir.

As for me, I’m not as aggressive as these other guys. I might have commented but in general I’ll try to avoid that conflict especially if I am around family. More so for them than me as once I open the valve it’s hard to close...I wouldn’t be opposed to swimming to the boat, choking him with is leader wire and sinking the boat...so I try to just keep my mouth shut and hit a fat one

1 - 20 of 29 Posts