Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Do we get a prize for high post counts? You guys tell me, because I don't know, how far off shore must I go when I see people on shore, even when they are NOT fishing? You guys are not reading my posts, or you are saying that the guy in the boat is wrong, no matter what the situation is. That is B.S.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
388 Posts
Do we get a prize for high post counts? You guys tell me, because I don't know, how far off shore must I go when I see people on shore, even when they are NOT fishing? You guys are not reading my posts, or you are saying that the guy in the boat is wrong, no matter what the situation is. That is B.S.
I feel like this thread is getting out of hand. The answer to your question is you need to be 150 feet from a person on shore. Now rods sitting in the water unattended is a different story. If I remember correctly, that is also against regulations. Rods need to be attended. Also... who gives a sh## about your post count. I don't. I vote we stop beating a dead horse and move on.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,432 Posts
-Post count - you need a certain amount of posts to see the reports section, so yeah, it does matter some.
-150' is the law, but if I can cast and hit you, you're too close. Most average shore fishermen with what I would call standard gear are lucky to hit 65 yards on a measured cast. Serious fishermen with specialized gear can hit 100+ yards on a cast. If you're boat is out of that 150' range and you were casting the same water, I'd see that as slightly better than being on top of someone, but still a dick move unless you're all on a specific piece of structure and it's the only damned structure there is.
-I read them.....you expecting nice replies instead of using your own common sense, c'mon man....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
388 Posts
I got a boat so I don’t have to fish where the shore scum are...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hahahahaha got to watch out for those shady shore scum like me. I can't wait till ice fishing season to level the playing field with all you boat owners, lmao.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,734 Posts
Hahahahaha got to watch out for those shady shore scum like me. I can't wait till ice fishing season to level the playing field with all you boat owners, lmao.
Lol don’t take it personally TB, I’m often shore scum myself.

Point is , why is the OP fishing the same spots as those on shore when he has water access to the entire lake ?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Lol don’t take it personally TB, I’m often shore scum myself.

Point is , why is the OP fishing the same spots as those on shore when he has water access to the entire lake ?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Point is , why is the OP fishing the same spots as those on shore when he has water access to the entire lake ?"

Point is, the lake is low this time of year, and not that large in the first place. The lake has good shore access around 90% of the lake. The other 10% is the dam and very shallow mud flats. The other point is, the OP was NOT (for the 4th time) fishing the same spot as the shore scum. The shore scum WAS NOT FISHING!!!!! I will agree, bring on the ice, having a boat really helped learn the lake better. Never had a problem on the ice.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,161 Posts
thank god i got a yak. eff shore bangin'
 
21 - 29 of 29 Posts
Top