Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about getting some sort of floating craft to use mainly for reservoirs and, well, where ever I can. The more utility it has, the better. If it could float rivers too, that would be nice.

It would be great if it could hold two people, that obviously drives the cost up though. Any recommendations? Cheap ones that will last?

What do you guys use? Don't really have any extra storage space at the moment.

·
Registered
386 Posts
I have used Outcast float tubes for the past several years and both that I own have done very well. I had a leak in my "Fat Cat" at about a year old and they sent me a new inner liner N/C w/o a problem.
I wouldn't go on a river in a float tube.
I currently have an NRS GIG-BOB which I love but it is a specialized Toon and they tend to be a bit pricey.

There are a lot of people who use these succesfully on rivers but I'm not one of them.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the feedback. The Creek 2 person is sounding pretty good.

Is it safe/usable on rivers?

·
Registered
883 Posts
hundor said:
Thanks for all the feedback. The Creek 2 person is sounding pretty good.

Is it safe/usable on rivers?
Yes, I have taken mine down browns canyon numerous times. I like it alot more set up for one person in white water. I origionally got mine in 2003. The quality of the pontoon outer skin is crap, and I had the zippers blow out after about two years three different times. I have boated for years and take good care of my gear, and any one who has floated with me will state. The problem is that the stiching rots along the zipper and then on a hot day pop the bladder comes out. All three times that it happened it happened while we were floating, and not just sitting on the bank. Last year Creek Company said I was abusing the boat and would not warinty it any more, so I don't have a very good opinion about ther customer service. Thease boats are decent cheap boats, but you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Took the Creek Company 2-man pontoon (XR12) from Pumphouse to Radium yesterday. Boat did great. Super nimble. Fishing was very tough with the spike in flows (2" vis).

·
Registered
93 Posts
Have a little Creek one man pontoon myself I have used for about 3 years. Absolutely no problems with it, and deflated it fits in the basement of my 5th wheel. I have used it on lakes and floating the Taylor.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts