Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That round disk with a light in the middle that flashes red when you push it. Does it help the spot lock stay where it should be? I've read the manual but can't find much about it.

·
P I K E
10,114 Posts
Ed, the Heading Sensor is basically an electric Bluetooth compass that communicates with the motor head when put into spot lock mode and keeps the boat heading in the right direction and locked to stay in the one spot and helps with the spot lock jog.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Tony!!

·
Registered
16,621 Posts
You must follow the instructions on alignment and calibration.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've got mine aligned with the keel of the boat pointed forward but I don't know what you mean by calibration or how to do it.

·
P I K E
10,114 Posts
Watch this Ed and it explains it easier than reading it.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
without it your motor will eventually twist up and potentially rip that cord. Definitely worth mounting I went a couple months without it

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So I wanted to get to the bottom of this and I called Minn Kota technical support. They explained the heading sensor is for the jog feature. If your not going to use jog then the sensor essentially does nothing. I don't plan on using jog so problem solved.

I asked this question on my Texas forum and everyone said the same thing-its for jog only.

·
P I K E
10,114 Posts
So I wanted to get to the bottom of this and I called Minn Kota technical support. They explained the heading sensor is for the jog feature. If your not going to use jog then the sensor essentially does nothing. I don't plan on using jog so problem solved.

I asked this question on my Texas forum and everyone said the same thing-its for jog only.
yes, you have to be in spot lock to work the jog function!

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I struggle with technology. Barely know how to use my flip phone. :)

·
P I K E
10,114 Posts
LOL! I'm the same way, youtube is my buddy!!!

·
Registered
44 Posts

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
Man, the Jog function is so great... It won't take you much learning to get your heading set up, and once you've used the jog function while working a piece of structure, you will understand why people love it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts