Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was fishing at chatfield lasts night and around 8.30 or 8.45pm  all kinds of excitement at the boat ramp I was on the other side of the reservoir but watched 8 or 9 emergency vehicles go to the main boat ramp was anybody   by the ramp at  the time just wondering what happened

E

·
0 Posts
I was out there right after 9/11 one year and the same thing was going on.  I was the only boat and thought they were coming after me while I was trolling the dam.

It ended be a practice water rescue.

·
Registered
193 Posts
If you all want to spend a day being entertained just prop up a folding chair and watch these people back boats down into the hole on a saturday i'mm garantee you'll see atleast a dozen mishaps

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
flyfishcolorado said:
  If you all want to spend a day being entertained just prop up a folding chair and watch these people back boats down into the hole on a saturday i'mm garantee you'll see atleast a dozen mishaps
I tell you what... If you see me backing a boat up you better move out the way. :p

·
Registered
460 Posts
There was a guy last year who would disconnect hsi trailer adn hook it to a hitch on the front of hsi truck. then he would put the boat in the water. I liked his idea but wouldnt there be some problems with that. i mean you have one speed for backing up the ramp. Then it puts all teh weight of the truck on the front axle. the same axle that needs to move so it can let the wheels turn. then that weight pushing on the front tires would make them harder to move when the wheels needed to turn. thought this was bizarre but it seemed to work.

·
Registered
258 Posts
When we took our boat to Chatfield for a little "driving and launching" practice, my wife was really impressed at how I could back up the boat/trailer down the ramp.
Where did all my experience come from, when it came to pulling/backing something that was hooked up to a truck? Having horses, a horse trailer and going to rodeos for a number of years.......that's where.
Cowboy

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
I have worked as a ranch hand, loading cows, loading bulls, loading horses, haying, I've drove a shag truck for construction companies, but I am still dangerous backing up with a trailer. ;D

·
Registered
829 Posts
takes a lot of practice backing a trailor, hate backing up between 2 trailors, best for me is to look out back window. If I can't do that have to use mirrors. Something that helps me........put one hand at 6 on steering wheel, when backing up, move hand slightly the same way in mirrors, but move very slowly

1 - 9 of 9 Posts