Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading "the itch" post and was thinking how lucky I have been to live in some cool, but different spots for fishing.

I though it would be interesting to know what your home waters have been. Ya know, the rivers or lakes that you probably know better than 95% of the people who fish it and spent 40+ days a year fishing. Often they are not the best or famous rivers in the area, but the ones you can get to on a weekday after work for a few hours.

Buffalo, NY (8 years)- 18 mile
Michigan's UP (8 years) - Little Otter River
Albany, NY (3 years)- Poestenkill river
Cleveland, OH (2 years)- Chagrin River
Littleton, CO - (6 years) S Platte(waterton) and Bear Creek

·
Registered
54 Posts
Clackamas and Trask Rivers, Oregon, Gunnison and lower Colorado Rivers in Colorado, and the Provo and Green Rivers in Utah. I did spend some time in Montana but fished too many places to call them my home rivers.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Mainly the upper Sac.( Anderson to Redding, cali.) -- Hat Creek ---- American river --- from the mad river --- Mc cloud river-- Trinity river-- nor- cal has endless great rivers

S

·
0 Posts
Hmm - 30yrs on the Root, Pike, and Oak Creek in S.E. Wisconsin
Kickapoo River, Timber Coulee - West Central Wisc
Clear Creek, So. Platte, Blue, etc her ein Colo.

Averaging 100+ days onthe water every year, well over 1200hrs. Why sit at home ?

·
Registered
194 Posts
The rivers where I spent most of my time...

Michigan - AuSable River (#1), Maple River, Upper Carp (steel), Boardman
DC - Potomac River (shad)
Colorado - North Platte (in Wyoming); Boulder Creek

·
Registered
384 Posts
For over 30 years it has been:
River X
The Colorado
White (C0)
Roaring Fork
Frying Pan
Theres been alot of changes
Theres been alot of changes to those rivers. Lots more visitors. Alot more "fishing experts", but the water is still flowing downhill.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Housatonic and Farmingon Rivers in Connecticut. Also the Upper Delaware, mainly the West Branch at the PA/NY border... All three are dry fly heaven!

·
Registered
541 Posts
slowdown said:
Eastcoastangler said:
Housatonic and Farmingon Rivers in Connecticut. Also the Upper Delaware, mainly the West Branch at the PA/NY border... All three are dry fly heaven!
I love the Deleware!! West branch is off the chart.
YEP. Tons of nice sized to big wild browns in there that fight like nobody's business, and they LOVE dry flies. It's just a damn shame what NY water board is doing though with the flows at that place during the summer... Low flows warm up the water and kills the Main Stem trout fishing, and the East Branch is always barely trickling. Then the West Branch becomes a mob scene as its the only cold water you can find in the area!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts