Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, Dan... Here is the post I promised ;)

What are some of the things you've lost overboard or dropped in the lake and how did it happen? Were you able to retrieve it or is it still out there? What are the GPS coordinates? (jk)

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
Well, everybody that was there knows, so for those who weren't...........

7 am August 14, at the marina boat ramp in 16 feet of water one digital camera. I did try to retrieve it (I was hoping the memory card would still work and there was a picture of really big walleye on, I wish) I tied a bunch of treble hooks to piece of metal and dragged it on the bottom trying to catch the strap. No luck :'(

Dan

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Oh man, We touched on this alittle the morning off the get-together. Last weekend I managed to drop my $30.00 maglight in to the water. While I was pissed it was alittle cool to see a hugh glow coming from the depths. Was in about 15ft of water and could see it glowin down there like the sun(It was night). I hope another fisherman didnt stumble upon it as I dont know what thy may have thought.

[me=Jay_In_Parker] [/me]

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've lost two sets of keys (one because I put too many keys on one of those "floatable key chains" - duh) a nice pair of sunglasses and two complete fishing poles (well, that was really my kids). BTW, one time I even dropped my keys in an OUTHOUSE and, needless to say, they were not retrieved.

The only thing I've retrieved is the dozen or so hats I lost.

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
work2fish said:
What are some of the things you've lost overboard or dropped in the lake and how did it happen? Were you able to retrieve it or is it still out there?
One of my kids...

But I got her back, and she is now old enough to try to toss a couple of her own overboard... ;)

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
I have lost lots of sunglasses, a net, a couple stringers, a disposable camera or 2, and a couple rods.

T

·
0 Posts
Fishing rods and myself. I slipped on some moss on the boulder that I was fishing on and it was at least 15' deep in that spot. Some kids drowned there in the previous year.

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
well i didnt drop him in but my son
when he was about 5 he use to have a bad thing about falling in the water all the time but the fishing always picked up after he fell in
i think he was like a stink bait for the fish
it got to the point where if we were not catching fish i would start thinking about tossing him in

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
While fishing out of my kayak on Calderwood Lake (TN/NC) I was tying on a new fly (a little green worm, I still remember) and talking on my cell at the same time (no hands, just holding it on my shoulder).  I went to tighten the knot and dropped the celly, one bounce and over the side;  as I looked over the side, my $200 Oakleys fell off the top of my head ( i had put them there so they didn't fall off while I was on the phone).  When I made a grab for the glasses, I flipped the kayak.

Cellphone:          $149
Sunglasses:        $200
One Spininng Rod:$65
The amount of laughing coming from my girlfriend 20 yards away, watching the whole thing play out: priceless.

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Rods, reels, parts of reels, bait, many sunglasses, hats, myself (tried to pee of the bow when I was like 12) and slipped, and of course, fish!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Me and a couple of my buddies were out fishing for Sturgeon on the columbia river in about 85ft of water it was raining pretty hard that day when i decided to bring up my bait and rerig well when i went to go and toss out my line my pole flew out of my hands due the wet grips talk about being very upset 1-6ft heavy action ugly stick 100$ 1-penn 321 reel 90$ 250 yards of power pro 60$ plus another 20 for the rigging for a total of about 270.00$ man was i pizzed off well after about an hour of sitting there my buddy was realing up his line when he started laughin his azz off because at the end of his line was my rod annd reel I would of never beleived it if i didnt see it with my own eyes it was one fo the most amazing things that has ever happend to me I guess the fish gods were looking down on me that day considering the river was flowing about 4200 cfs thats one trip i will never froget and yes my buddy was greatly rewarded

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
I have lost four rod and reels and a boat motor cover that I had to order from washington state. My fishing partner has lost a rod and reel and one cell phone. Sacrifices to the fish Gods.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Lost the compulsory shades, jar of salmon eggs, clippers and hemostats.  My worst in the water story was up at the Cheesman Reservoir salmon snagging in early September a # of years ago.  This was back in the day where 40 fish was legal for a limit of snagging for the day.  Well it was one of those great days where fish just kept coming in.  I filled my first stringer to capacity with about half my fish.  Kept fishing and filled the second stringer with the rest till I made it to 40.  Went to pull my stringers out of the water and one of them broke, and in the attempt to save them I lost my grip on the other one, (never made the mistake of grabbing more than one thing like that at the same time again).  So now I have 40 fish in 2-5 feet of water and my work is cut out for me.  By the time I was done I got 37 back and the other 3 must have swam away as I could see all the fish that were in the water in front of me thankfully.  I went and caught my last 3 fish again and hiked the 3 or so miles out soaking wet to my waist, laughing all the way.
Craig

·
Registered
405 Posts
My daughter.. hit a swell chucked HER out of a Jon Boat in Kansas; retrieved her.

Wife's stereo canoe trip on the Ausable River New York.

Rod and Reel on during a cast on a freezing April morning at Quincy.

Dog, Williams fork, fished her out. Dog Chatfield fished her out.

Fillet knife, kids slippers, Marine Radio, Anchor, chain and bungie rope... you know this thread reminds me a lot of an earlier thread posted by dan some time ago... How much do you spend on fising..FOGETABOUTIT!!!!!

·
Registered
578 Posts
kona68 said:
Scorpion keeps Qwest in buisness with the cell phones he looses!!!
Oh, ha ha!!!! I've only lost two. One in Lake Loveland in the inlet and the other in the Poudre River while  wading!!!! ;D
Hmmmmmm......note to self: drop Kona68 in the lake next time.........

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
Pete said:
My daughter.. hit a swell chucked HER out of a Jon Boat in Kansas; retrieved her.

Wife's stereo canoe trip on the Ausable River New York.

Rod and Reel on during a cast on a freezing April morning at Quincy.

Dog, Williams fork, fished her out. Dog Chatfield fished her out.

Fillet knife, kids slippers, Marine Radio, Anchor, chain and bungie rope... you know this thread reminds me a lot of an earlier thread posted by dan some time ago... How much do you spend on fising..FOGETABOUTIT!!!!!
I think I am going to start following Pete around, seems he loses lots of stuff I could use!

Dan

PS, If you lose any of the kids I will gladly return them to you Pete!

·
Registered
636 Posts
Luckily I have only fished off of a boat less than a dozen times and haven't lost nothing. But I remember one time my dad and I were at Carter lake and we were getting ready to move to a different spot and for some reason we couldn't move. the boat would just spin in circles until I realized that my dad hadn't pulled the anchor in. When he bent over to pull it in, his foot knocked his rod right over the boat. It was one of those really old ones that he had for like 20 years. From reading the posts, I realized not to kept any cameras or cellphones on me while in a boat. Also, I am glad i wear those cheap walmart sunglasses. Things that I have found that people lost though have been two spinning rods/reels, a full tackle box, and a outboard motor. Unfortunately, they were all damaged.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts