Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen references to using a paddlebug lure. What does it look like and where can you get them?

D

·
0 Posts
chazgin-

Everything I know about paddlebugs I learned from _colorado.  He is wise and knows a lot of stuff, including stuff about paddlebugs and where to buy them.  ::)  ;D  And FlyChucker, too.  He tipped me off to Wally World.

It's a soft plastic lure rigged on a 1/16 or 1/8 ounce jighead. Wal-Mart has them (at least they had some a week ago).  You can also order them from www.crappielures.com.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Hey Don!

How can I pad my message count if you keep answering all these easy questions? ;D

You going out this weekend? Have a great New Year!

D

·
0 Posts
Sorry _colorado.

I've edited my reply now to give proper credit.   ;)

I think I'll hit 11 Mile tomorrow and Granby on Monday.  Happy New Year to you, too, Jerry!

If you want to hit either place, send me a PM.

·
Registered
935 Posts
steelhead said:
I found some paddlebugs at sportsmens warehouse in Loveland last week.
I didn't, but they have similar-looking thing over in their crappie jig section. I get paddlebugs at Walmart.

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
I dont ice fish (it would give Dan a chance to see if 70 inch Rottal would fit through a 10 inch hole) but thats one jig ive had alot of luck with while fishing for crappie...it beat my old time favorite, the chartruese twistertail. Now when i get the urge to catch crappie on light spinning tackle thats what i usually throw...it doesnt surprise me that you guys do well on trout with them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts