Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a couple of weeks ago my husband an I went to Boyd and the level was ridiculous. I mean we cast out our poles and we were still able to see the bait at the bottom that is how low it is. When will it be back to normal? ???

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
Boyd is usually up to its full level in early spring and then it slowly but steadily drops for the rest of the year. I think some of the water goes to Greeley, and the rest for agricultural purposes. A few years ago it got so low in late fall that you could literally walk across it, and only the two deepest holes out in the middle held any water. It was amazing that the fish survived, but they did. That's not normal, though. I don't think it will get much lower this year, the level isn't dropping nearly as fast now as it was in midsummer. Carter lake is worse off, IMO.

In the meantime, make longer casts. ;) You can get an underwater map of Boyd at places like Sportsman's Warehouse and it will help to decide where around the shore you might be able to reach deeper water.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts