Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Simple-RMT, they're the easiest to catch with just about anything. Especially entertaining to watch the mass suicide these guys engage in when they are first dumped into a lake.

But its changing, warm water species are getting more popular, far more than they were say 20-30 yrs ago.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
split tail!

·
Registered
5,341 Posts
only one thing being stocked in every mud puddle state wide, funny when the water temps hit 80 and they all go belly up but they still keep wasting the money putting them where they don't belong instead of feeding pike with them

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Prepared properly they're eatable, but the real sport is in the hook up.
A good line and good wine usually reels'em in.

50,000 battered... and I am still eating mine plain.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Trout are still the most popular. Bass, pike, walleye and perch are quite popular though. At most Western Colorado lakes with pike and trout, the pike are more popular according to the CPW's own surveys. At least at Crawford, Harvey Gap, and Rifle Gap.

·
P I K E
10,232 Posts
Right on queue there Ice but a lil late,5hrs 18mins...dammit...I had 2hrs 30mins in the poll. OK, who had 5.5hrs...you win!!! :biggrin1:

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
Yeah most people in Colorado seem to prefer trout not me when I was in Nebraska fishing a few people out there asked where I was from when I told them they said why are you wasting your time in this heat when you can catch trout in Colorado I laughed and shook my head

·
Registered
9,164 Posts
Trout. Duh.

When I post on places like fishing notebook or nefga, people ask about trout fishing here. Nobody gives a damn about pike or anything else (which sucks) but when you think of colorado's pristine mountain peaks.... You don't think "golly dudes, I bet that high alpine stream or lake up there has some sick smallmouth".

I like em all, species wise. Trout rule, so do black and white bass, panfish, I get down with char and catfish the best...but Efff a walleye. At this point in time... I wish people would learn to be quiet about things they can't change, and just enjoy what this state has. If the fishing sucks for you in colorado, either fish somewhere else or get good at fishing. There's a hell of a lot more than stockers here if you put down the sports section of the post and look around outside the realm of the dow stocking report...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts