Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

What is this?

2K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  bobys 
#1 ·
Took my cousins on a walk today and found this guy in the river that is being parker and Jordan, I think its the cherry creek trail? Anyways I managed to get this guy out of the water and it is pretty badass looking! Tried to do research online to see what it is but can't seem to find anything about minnow species in Colorado. Im assuming its a type a minnow, anyone have any ideas?

See less See more
#10 ·
Bad bait...fish don't like them too much. They are also egg eaters and a detriment to any body of water they swim in...

Trapped minnows for thirty years until the rules changed... Would get a handful of sticklebacks out of every two to three hundred fat heads..

I'm fairly certain they weren't ever a legal bait to use.

#13 ·
Sorry hobie I saw your response and then 4 others so it was hard to trust them. Thanks for the info. And I didn't keep it no reason too, it was weird its the only fish Ive seen in this creek for the last 2 days and it was inbetween some big rocks, I took me a couple trys to grab him he had many opportunities to dart off he didn't seem to wan't to leave that area. Pretty cool looking fish though!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.