Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mine was a 49 lb flathead catfish. Two 10 pound bass. Tons of 2 lb crappie. How about you?

·
Registered
117 Posts
wow thats a big cat mine was a 12 foot Sturgeon approx 250-300lbs you are naot allowed to take the fish out of the water to weigh them. also caught 43lb chinook.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Banging fish, that sturgeon. You get him in Idaho?

·
Registered
164 Posts
mine was also a catfish right out of big mac i need to get a pic of it on here, i was only 12.

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
37 lb. flathead catfish, Missouri River, caught with a live bullhead on a 6/0 hook. Fun!

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Mine was a snook... caught near Melobourne, Florida on a topwater popper. i didnt weight it on a Boga Grip, but it was around 25 lbs or so...

not huge by a lot of your standards, but a nice snook anywhere...

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
fishing3o3 said:
im not sure if you were talking to me about a 12 pound catfish, it was more like 20 plus.
I think your age at the time was interpreted as the size of the fish...

·
Registered
164 Posts
hmmm i see i guess i was young though, but ill try to find that photo and then you can tell me what you think...

·
Registered
117 Posts
Re: What is your biggest fish?
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2005, 06:42:53 pm »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
mine was also a catfish right out of big mac i need to get a pic of it on here, i was only 12.

No i caught it out of the columbia river just above the Bonniville dam. You can usally catch fish of that calibur when the shad start running in the river. you just go and catch a bunch of 3-5lb shad and use them for bait which will eliminate most of the smaller fish(4-6ft) man i miss those days :(

·
Registered
164 Posts
in nebraska you can scoop up shad with a net at the big dam, thats what we used, i actually was lazing around and wasnt even using a wieght for my rod and hooked that big boi.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I've got a couple HUGE strippers out of mead in vegas.They were around 15-17lbs.They put up such a great fight it's amazing.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
If Dunbar's catching strippers, i gotta go fishing with him.
That said, 37 lb striper from below Ft Loudon dam on the Tennessee River, from a kayak, with a flyrod... It was great and I never want to do it again

·
Registered
80 Posts
It was not my biggest but was the most fun. My grandfather took me to Toledo Bend. I was using a bamboo pole and caught about a 10lb mudcat. That was the first catfish that I can rember catching and I was around 8 or 9-years-old.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Biggest fish ever caught was a 25# Mac @ Flaming Gorge. Caught it in the middle of summer, in 100ft of water with jet ski's and ski boats all around! Everyone was coming by to see what i'd hooked into...took awhile to get that to the boat. Lots of people couldn't believe I let that fish go. I've personally seen 40# and 45# Mac's landed and released from our boat @ the Gorge....that was 10+ years ago.
I have a beautiful 6# hook jaw Rainbow that I caught when I was 10 or 12 years old....He's looking over me right now in fact. The mount was done by Dale Canty(?), and has held up great over the 20+ years since I caught that fish.

Stan.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Largest fish by species: Largemouth 12.5# at The stik Marsch in Florida, 23# Red Snapper & 19# King Mackeral also in Florida, 10.5 # Mac out of Granby.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts