Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
The Mayor
2,101 Posts
Favorite Lake is Pueblo. Lots of BIG fish from there, including many big wipers, eyes and smallies,

I caught a 8 plus pound eye from Horsetooth during a CWA event, that was a good day

Elevenmile has been good over the years, got a 29" bow hangin on my wall from there

Spinney used to be just silly with big Trout, and I got a real nice Pike on the wall from there, so it ranks right at the top

Antero is just a blast, mostly on the fly in early summer

Biggest Crappie I ever caught in Colorado came from Cherry Creek, but I don't really like fishing there

Won some money at Sterling on a couple good eyes, and hammered some big wipers there, I like that place

John Martin is a great fishery, from the boat or down below the dam, first eye on the fly came from below the spillway

Caught a Monster Pike at Sanchez, and a bunch of real good ones. That was 15 years ago....

Blue Mesa is Awesome, I had my best ever Koke day there

Love Taylor, it can be a beotch when the weather turns...

Caught some nice eyes in the upper lake at Lathrop, and some big cats in the lower lake there

Bummer that Ne Noshe and Ne Grande have faded so far, they were great once upon a time..

BHR

·
Registered
593 Posts
For black bass... da Q! 8 lb LMB, 5 lb SMB. Not uncommon to have a 20 lb (or more) 5 fish limit. Where else in Colorado (public water) can you do that?

·
Registered
297 Posts
TC said:
For black bass... da Q! 8 lb LMB, 5 lb SMB. Not uncommon to have a 20 lb (or more) 5 fish limit. Where else in Colorado (public water) can you do that?
any fisherman with a brain will not namedrop on a public forum any other spot that can compete with that.

I might hit up the q this summer. curiosity has gotten the best of me with that place.

·
Registered
24,511 Posts
any fisherman with a brain will not namedrop on a public forum any other spot that can compete with that.
Oh contrary jig and pig breath...it's fairer and more beautiful sister reservoir just up the road that boasted 3 state records in two different species last year...but dont go there...I think it is going to winter kill again this year...

·
Registered
297 Posts
zman said:
Oh contrary jig and pig breath...it's fairer and more beautiful sister reservoir just up the road that boasted 3 state records in two different species last year...but dont go there...I think it is going to winter kill again this year...
I was talking about places more or less up north of the metro area.

Aurora sucks. they should raise the price another 10 bucks. you should rename yourself marky mark and the funky reservoir in honor of that place. >:D

·
Registered
24,511 Posts
Aurora sucks.
Yes it does...everyone stay out of there...let me suffer there alone!...

·
Registered
297 Posts
zman said:
Aurora sucks.
Yes it does...everyone stay out of there...let me suffer there alone!...
it sucks so bad that when I fished with you there, I got 2 hookups from keeper walleye and 2 bloated rainbows. the smallmouth fishing is horrible there too. it's a terrible fishery, indeed. I best stick to sloans lake.

·
Registered
24,511 Posts
Yeppers everyone go to Sloans!!!...and creek and quincey and chatty...Aurora bad juju...

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Biggest thing Brush Hollow has going against it is the catch and keep mentality I see down there-Everything Goes In The Bucket!!!!!!!!! :(

·
Registered
152 Posts
I've gotta say Watson up here in Fort Collins.
Took me a couple hundred hours to get the smallmouth down. Now it's gonna take me a handful more to get the walleye's down.

Caught dozens and dozens of smallies and they all ranged between 16-17". I can't wait to hit the jackpot and catch a few that are 20" this spring. Plus, my chances of hooking a Tiger are getting better and better. I'm completely ready for that monster. >:D

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
Sleazy E said:
I've gotta say Watson up here in Fort Collins.
Took me a couple hundred hours to get the smallmouth down. Now it's gonna take me a handful more to get the walleye's down.

Caught dozens and dozens of smallies and they all ranged between 16-17". I can't wait to hit the jackpot and catch a few that are 20" this spring. Plus, my chances of hooking a Tiger are getting better and better. I'm completely ready for that monster. >:D
yeah i agree took me 2 trips to figure watson out but it does have nice smallies and perch and saugeye

21 - 31 of 31 Posts