1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
very confident that is a cuttbow

·
Registered
391 Posts
I say Snakeriver Cutthroat.Caught a lot at Dillon and Green Mtn a couple of years ago.Also known as the fine spotted cutt.Come on ice off on Spinney!Actually I think you have a pic of one very simular from the dream stream.

lyn

·
Registered
459 Posts
Definately a cut...

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Sometimes stocker snake river cutts get mixed in with other species that are stocked...ive seen them mixed in with rainbows at the hatchery before, it appeared to be fairly common...

·
Registered
52 Posts
i caught one exactly like this last year fishing at georgetown using a quarter oz watermelon striped green on copper background kastmaster. people told me it was a cutthroat and told me to release it because it was a protected specie. it was a trully special fish because i never even seen it before. it has rough skin like feeling a sponge compared to other trouts. remember if u keep one of these its a federal offense!

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
sook said:
i caught one exactly like this last year fishing at georgetown using a quarter oz watermelon striped green on copper background kastmaster. people told me it was a cutthroat and told me to release it because it was a protected specie. it was a trully special fish because i never even seen it before. it has rough skin like feeling a sponge compared to other trouts. remember if u keep one of these its a federal offense!
No, it's not a protected species and it's not a state or federal offense to keep one. It's simply a Snake River cutthroat and they have been stocked in lots of waters in Colorado.

·
Registered
52 Posts
now that i know that it wasn't a protected specie, i'll tell you the fate of the fish. I ate it and it was delicious! :D i know one of the native colorado cutthroats are protected. which one is it? i want to avoid eating it so i can avoid jail!!!

·
Registered
636 Posts
I could have sworn that was a carp. All these years I have been catching those fish and just tossing them on the bank, what a shame. :-X

1 - 20 of 21 Posts