Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was talking with a couple of bud's the other day and asked how early they get on the ice to start the ice fishing season when I thought of asking you guys.

I think my earliest start was in late November one year, actually Thanksgiving Day at Wolford Res.(caught heck from the wife, not easy to forget this day)... how about you?

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
i think 11 mile ices up around mid december generaly some of the coves might get hard enough sooner depends on the winter

L

·
0 Posts
george town is generally the first lake to ice up thats easily accessable. i imagine most of the high mountain lakes ice up fairly early.i generally start with georgetown around thanksgiving not so much for the fish but as a tune up. the snake river inlet at dillion ices up early also if you dont mind combat fishing. guess itll depend on how brave you are. but seriously dont be to brave or in to much of a hurry. three inches of good ice should be a minimum.

·
Registered
16,559 Posts
My earliest ice was Lake John on nov.11th.11 mile was nov.18th. Antero was nov.21st.

·
Registered
16,559 Posts
Yeah,I'll definately check out Tarryall for early ice.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
What about twin lakes, that lake should ice early?

·
Banned
487 Posts
Last year Vega Reservoir iced up around Thanksgiving. Usually it ices up around Mid December, and Taylor Reservoir about the same time or a little earlier.
Vega has good fishing for big rainbows and Taylor has decent fishing for macks with the outside shot at a big one.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm still enjoying water warm water fishing... but I'm really anticipating hardwater; BRING IT ON!!!!

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
ePiC said:
What about twin lakes, that lake should ice early?
I heard someone say that Twinlakes takes a while to ice up because of the hydroplant there.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts