Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

What percentage of night fisherman conceal carry?

• Not me

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wish, but can't

• Hope to soon

• I don't night fish

• I open carry at night

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The reason for me posting this thread is because in the last month I've seen an increase in people quickly approaching me at night time. Twice they blocked the boat ramp area as I was preparing to load & call it a night. In the first instance at 1am a security guard rolled up in an unmarked vehicle, blocking the area where I would back down the truck. The guard (without any type of uniform) paced back & forth right there. When I walked up he finally told me he was security. A couple of weeks prior around midnight an unmarked truck, with lights off quickly moved from one spot in the Chatfield parking lot to another as though they were getting in a better position to watch me. Once I tied to the dock they pulled all the way down to the ramp (remember no markings on the truck), so sure there was some cause for concern at this time. Then they quickly got out and walked my direction with a steady pace, not identifying themselves! Once I shined my light right on the two dummies, I could see a badge & they identified themselves as DOW. Come one now. These guys need to use some common sense. They checked my livewell & I only released walleye so no issues. I did speak with a DOW officer the next night, asking him to bring this up at a meeting. I told him they have no business in unmarked vehicles, etc at night especially when they're quickly approaching a conceal carry permit/gun holder. Nuff said.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Respectfully, you might need to chill a little.

Seeing dudes at night is no different than seeing dudes in the harsh light of the sun... except dudes at night be sportin' some fangs, son!

If it is my time to die, the Lord will take me weather I have a pistol or not.

SS

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
swimbait said:
Respectfully, you might need to chill a little.

Seeing dudes at night is no different than seeing dudes in the harsh light of the sun... except dudes at night be sportin' some fangs, son!

If it is my time to die, the Lord will take me weather I have a pistol or not.

SS
I didn't have my hand on my gun in either instance. I've never pulled it on anyone. I think you're misreading me. Neither was I the least bit angry. I was smart by chatting with the security guard & not jumping to conclusions. Though the DOW was quickly approaching me without identifying themselves I didn't jump to conclusions. Once they were about 30 feet away, walking briskly towards me, & not saying anything I shined my light on them. That was pretty chill of me to just shine a light & have a friendly conversation with them. Now, had I jumped to conclusions the way you are with my comments those dudes would have been shot. BUT, I'm not one to jump to conclusions. Bless you.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Did I sneeze? ;D

I'm just funnin' wit' 'cha a lil'. I be down to smoke some foos G. Who dey t'ink dey iz? All walkin' aroun' an' chit?

But really, your restraint in not popping caps in the rangers @$$ is to be commended. Bravo!

Bless us all, each and every one. :)

SS

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
swimbait said:
Did I sneeze? ;D

I'm just funnin' wit' 'cha a lil'. I be down to smoke some foos G. Who dey t'ink dey iz? All walkin' aroun' an' chit?

But really, your restraint in not popping caps in the rangers @$$ is to be commended. Bravo!

Bless us all, each and every one. :)

SS
Blessings are for more than sneezes. They even apply to fishing!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Last incident I had was when I was fishing a lake by myself along a busy road but still hidden. I watched this guy walk around the long end of the lake and then around and behind me.
He came from the direction of the Detention Center/Jail.

He wasn't carrying anything and looked super beat up. The sun had set and I put my sunglasses on my hat. I don't normally judge and in this case I just stood tall and flexed some muscle while I made eye contact.

He asked me how far Loveland was from there. "Seriously? Well, it's about 12 miles that direction." Of course he asked if I had any "smokes" but that's a given.
I carry a large knife, but soon will be in the hunting biz if you know what I mean.

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
I will start soon. Very few people spend as much time fishing at night, alone as I do. As I mentioned in another post last night. I may of actually seen a lion on Monday night and it scared the **** out of me!!!!

We had a gun pulled on us in the Ozarks when we were on a week long camping trip when I was 16. They harassed us twice that week. These guys were right out of deliverence, LOL

1 - 20 of 39 Posts