Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
OG LOKE
18,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At 13:38 of the second period against the Minnesota Wild, Vancouver Canucks enforcer Rick Rypien(notes) was given a 10-minute misconduct following an altercation with Brad Staubitz(notes) (whom he earlier fought) in what was, at that point, an embarrassing 5-1 blowout for the Wild.

One Minnesota fan seated near the tunnel to the dressing room had the nerve to celebrate Rypien's misconduct and gloat about the home team's rout. So Rypien did what any thuggish moron begging for a suspension would do, which is to assault a paying customer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NrPP2CnidI&feature=player_embedded

??? ???

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
i think that sometimes these high paid athletes forget where their paycheck ultimately comes from...but i totally see in the heat of the moment as well...we aint out there mixing it up on the ice and sometimes we as fans dont really see the whole story...

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
I have played hockey my whole life, including last night ;D, I have never never like the thoughts of enforcers, really takes the game to a lower level, that bum should be done...

·
Registered
12,554 Posts
FunkMasterSnowshoe said:
They should sentence that thug to a lifetime of watching the NHL. It wouldn't be long before he was bashing his own head in with a hockey stick.
ahahahahahahah!!!! True that!!!!!

Although the player was totally in the wrong and he shouldn't have done that, it barely touched the fan. Not like he hit him or anything. I definitely think the fan should take advantage though and try to get some season tix or something.

Player should be suspended for at least a few games.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Rivrunnr1 said:
FunkMasterSnowshoe said:
They should sentence that thug to a lifetime of watching the NHL. It wouldn't be long before he was bashing his own head in with a hockey stick.
ahahahahahahah!!!! True that!!!!!

Although the player was totally in the wrong and he shouldn't have done that, it barely touched the fan. Not like he hit him or anything. I definitely think the fan should take advantage though and try to get some season tix or something.

Player should be suspended for at least a few games.
That's true, Riv, but the way things are these days, if someone did that to someone else outside a game (at a bar, in a parking lot, whatever), they'd go to jail and be slapped with assault charges. Who know's what an appropriate penalty would be. ???

1 - 8 of 8 Posts