Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Featherlocks" they are called, and women want them BAD. So bad that they are paying stylists $10/feather for premo saddle feather to be used as hair extensions. Needless to say, we have a pretty steady base of stylists through the door. Hey, In January I'll take it! Plus, it gives me just another reason to talk to some good lookin' ladies about some premium hackle :p
(If your think I'm joking about this, walk into any fly shop and try and special order a pink or purple grizzly saddle).

The other day while Oyey was in the shop, he helped me model some of the new products we are marketing to balding men. Slowdown...this has your name written ALL OVER IT!!! >:D

We call it the "Partridge Mullet" at CSO Salon. "Business in the front party in the back! Why pay $10/feather at your regular salon??? You can pick up this ENTIRE partridge skin at the shop for an INCREDIBLE $548.74!!!

"The Partridge Mullet"

"The ever so popular featherlocks"

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
New Whiting Farms Model??? This is a pic I was recently emailed to describe the type of feathers this gal needed. I about died laughing when I saw this! I will say this though, if it comes out that Whiting, Hareline, or Wapsi has opened up dealer accounts for hair salons they are going to get blacklisted in the worst way once this fad dies. It's very hard to get grizzly anything right now for our tiers.

·
Registered
3,674 Posts
This is interesting. I was in Steamboat last weekend and a girlfriend of mine and I were in a gift shop. There were these earings that she wanted to buy that were just green Grizzly hackle tied and cemented to the hook shaped clasps.
I told her to save her $30 and I would just make (tie)her some for free.

·
Registered
531 Posts
We have a friend in the Springs who was ahead of the curve on this one and was doing it over a year ago. But, I still think its funny every time I see it. Some cupcake girl dropped off a batch of cupcakes before Christmas and had the hackle in the hair look. Made me and still makes me laugh.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I think January Fly Fishing cabin fever is fast approaching a new low........ Come on warm weather!

Bob

S

·
0 Posts
I was in Charlies a few weeks ago, lady came in for some necks for hair styling, i was totally baffled untill she bought several at $68 a pop ! Then hukie explained it and i have noticed a few women around wearing the feathers....... and the shelves are indeed empty !!

If they are $10 per feather... one gal i saw had a few grand on her head

1 - 20 of 43 Posts