Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

what to use for bluegill and perch???

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  steelheader 
#1 ·
???I was wondering if some of you could help me figure out what type of lures to use to catch some bluegill and perch at this time of the year?

#6 ·
I keep meaning to make a post on what I've been using. I bought a 12 foot telascoping crappie rod. Almost like a bamboo rod. I tied about 5 feet of 6x tippet to it. If they're not biting my fly. I suspend it just on the surface. My hands shake just enough to make surface ripples around it. Deadly! They will hit any fly that way. Otherwise, fly and bobble. I've hadf alot of succes w/ skud flys once they start to sink.

#7 ·
That kit doesnt have any red and white tubes???? That is my favorite color combo tube jig for panfish. Then black and chartruse coming in a close 2nd.

#9 ·
Slipfloat and a 1/32 or 1/64 tube(#1 red/white #2 chartruese) are killer. Twitch and let sink they smash it on the fall. For perch I use a steady slow retrieve and twitch. Float and fly is awsome with the right conditions and a light action 7" rod. Just keep the leader long(36-48")

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.