Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

What would you like to see included in fishing articles?

• Cut the story and describe the gear/techniques

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tell me about the gear/techniques in the context of a story/anecdote

• Tell me about the gear/techniques, without story, but with supporting fish biology/ecology info

• Lighter on the how-to, and heavier on the where-to

• Don't read them, anyway

• Other

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know what I like in a fishing article, but what types of information is most useful to you? What would you like to see in print?

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
I like articles that that Inspire me to fish there. Some pics, basic how to (lure recommendation/technique), list of species, etc...

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So, are you more inspired by a story of how someone caught something using a given rig, or are you more inspired by the details of the rig, and knowing the species it works for and the situations it works in? Do you care why?

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
I would say the why is important. That way I would know how to alter the technique for different situations.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Since the majority of Colorado Water systems fish the same I'm more interested in technique... But if its put out in a very monotone (when I'm reading and the brain switches to monotone) boring way I cant get any information to retain. I also like to read about specific bodies of water as I may be planning a trip there and want to fish it. (I usually try to research anywhere Im going fishing before I actually go)
Basically I want it all. :p

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ePiC said:
if its put out in a very monotone (when I'm reading and the brain switches to monotone) boring way I cant get any information to retain. 
They have medication for that, these days.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
I like the voices, they keep me company when I'm fishing by myself and tell me where to fish. :p

·
Registered
24,590 Posts
I voted for other...option E...ALL THE ABOVE!...roll some anecdotes, some tips on a trip about somewhere into a story with the gear you used and you have a fishing article...oh and a couple of scenery or fish pictures too...did I leave anything out?

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
eric said:
ePiC said:
I like the voices, they keep me company when I'm fishing by myself and tell me where to fish. :p
do they tell you to head back to the truck ever?
Yeah, one more then we go... but after that they say ok one more. :p

1 - 10 of 10 Posts