Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm new to the site. What was the hot bait up at Granby Get Together. I hope you folks all caught alot of lakers and maybe a few browns or rainbows. I spoke with a few guys that were taking the childern :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
I was not at the get together but. was at granby for the last 4 days. We where useing tube jigs with sucker. The best color was chatreuese. did not get many on the white. Had to keep the jig right on the bottom with a little movement. Just lift the pole tell the line got tight then back down.

·
Registered
863 Posts
yes indeed lots of lakers were caught today ppl were catchin em left and right every where I looked it seemed someone was pullin one out I limited out in about an hour and caught a few more throughout the day I was usin tube jigs and sucker.....

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
I caught most of my fish with a glow tube with sucker, and a few more with just sucker meat on a hook about a foot off the bottom.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Ken Broeren said:
I don't know if he want's to be called "bait", but when fishinlooney walked around, wherever he was people were yelling "FISH ON" and he wasn't even fishing!  The bites followed him around for a while - it was pretty amazing.
Hey fishinlooney, you wanna be my fishing partner from now on??!!! Lol ;D

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
I caught 3 on glow in dark tubes tipped with sucker meat and I caught 4 on white tubes tipped with whole shinners hooked threw the eyes.

·
Registered
24,589 Posts
but when fishinlooney walked around, wherever he was people were yelling "FISH ON" and he wasn't even fishing! The bites followed him around for a while - it was pretty amazing
...I was watching it from afar on the perimeter with much amusement...the Pied Piper of Lakers...waving his arms like John Madden..."boooooom!"..."WHAAAAAAM!"...Looney doing play by play...Looney you are a beauty!...Great job!!

·
Registered
127 Posts
The bait of choice for me was straight up sucker meat on a hook.....caught 4 on that ;D,1 on a jig ??? Just straight up sucker meat has always worked best for me 8)

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
We used both tube and sucker and spawn sack, spawn caught them 3 to 1 over tube. On dyke 3 the tube bite was slower than normal for us.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts