Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lithium sexyness- will never go back to gas or hand cutting.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
I do not own a power auger, but I have recently used both the Ion and a gas auger and I would sure get an Ion over a combustion type auger.

F*ck ice fishing anyway. ;)

·
Registered
24,557 Posts
F*ck ice fishing anyway. ;)
I knew there was a reason you are a menZa candidate!...lol

I am fishing Pueblo later today...64 degrees and light wind...

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
5 Year old "ICE GATOR" recently equipped with a lithium ion battery pack.. (shaved @ 12 lbs off the total weight)
Love IT!!!

·
Registered
16,616 Posts
10" 3hp smoking, snarling ear-busting rip your arms off 2-stroke manly freekin power tool-

LOVE the smell of premix in the morning-

·
Registered
24,557 Posts
10" 3hp smoking, snarling ear-busting rip your arms off 2-stroke manly freekin power tool-

Yeah but I have watched you, you have to wrap it in plastic...who wants an auger you need a condom for?

·
Registered
24,557 Posts
Lol I can shorten it a couple of dots in this case

..|..

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
A 14 year old jiffy, still can't break that damn thing! When she does go I will get a ion! How heavy and how many holes on a charge?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Nils hand auger with an Icemaster adapter on an 18v Makita lithium drill. 6" for pannies. 30 holes per battery in 15" ice last two weekends with a spare battery I didn't need. No dealing with ethanol, Seafoam or loud-ass spooking of spooky Fish. Selling the Strikemaster to buy an Ion next season for pike n lakers

·
Registered
21 Posts
Ps. Still have my ancient 33# Jiffy and cut 12 # with the Strikemaster but cut another 10# with the Nils at 11# have the backup handle for it in the truck

·
Banned
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I havent burned up a battery in a day, yet i dont pop 20/30 holes. Think the most was a dozen at 8 inches and it was 2/3 charge left....... but its 22lbs, for 40 volts its got some torque

·
Registered
24,557 Posts
I got to use an Ion today at Chatfield it was slick, smooth, quiet and fast...

·
Registered
24,557 Posts
No we caught a few fish...went out to scope out the ice and see that it was in great shape for Nates contest...in the 8.5 to 9 neighborhood with more cold come this week...only fished from like 11 am until a little after 1 pm...

·
Registered
740 Posts
I rock an 8" Eskimo Barracuda and though I just swapped out 1 of my 3 sets of blades and it is drilling "good" I fucking hate it. I drilled 6 holes at 11 mile in 19-24" of ice on Saturday. I wanted to do an 8" nils but I really spoiled myself and never should have never rented the ION for my Xmas eve trip - drilled 40 holes through 12" and only used 1 of 3 lights on the battery. I absolutely loved it - quiet, fast, easy... I will definitely have an ION next season...

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
It is very light, (20 pounds?) have not run against the limiter yet. 6" Ion 70+ holes through 24" ice, 8" Ion 42 holes through 24" ice, per specs.

·
Registered
6,182 Posts

Someone didn't winterize the power auger 2 springs ago so it wouldn't run. I was eyeballing the Ion's at Cabelas thinking they were purdy and cute and neat, but then my balls dropped out of my stomach and I said to me self, "self, you're a man that loves two stroke in the morning, go fix your damn auger". So 2 minutes later, a new plug and a seafoam/trufuel carb soak tune up, Im making noise. Starts on the first pull, like today in -13 below weather after sitting in the hotel parking lot in the truck all night.

Batteries are good for dildos and driving screws. I don't own dildos as Im not a SPJ, and I don't drive drywall screws on the ice.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts