Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious what everyone wil be targeting, techniques youre going to implement, regions etc. Not hot spotting, just starting a conversation.

Me: I'm targeting brookies on my 2wt on still water. Gonna use some micro buggers and pig stickers behind a dry. Likely BWOs and tricos. (dropper rigs are still new for me)
Slight chance I might hit Spinney tho too. Gotta wait for buddies answer since he will be driving. In which case, it'll be the 5wt annnndd....i dunno. lol. Wading on shelves or taking the belly boat out seems to be correct here. Not sure.

This time i have to remember my camera! Been bad about that lately. Weak.
Got a new graphics tablet that I need more excuses/photos to use it with! Should finish up the weekend nicely with that new toy on my plate.
Might tie some bugs too Sunday eve....haven't for a month er so.

So, what are you all stoked for this weekend?

·
Registered
5,341 Posts
14th or so annual fly fishing and tying expo here in junk town. I know of at least a few members that will be attending. I will spend this weekend helping 500-1000 kids tie flies, most of them have never been behind a vise before. We will also give away 50-60 rod/reel combos, about the same number of tying kits, and tons of other goodies. My back already hurts !! Also, doing this, I have learned to tie backwards and left handed !!

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
Goin back already Slayer you are on a mission to set a new monthly record for the most lbs. caught ;D wish I could go.

·
Registered
11,844 Posts
For the third straight weekend, I am resting my elbow... I have to let it completely recover to avoid losing my entire spring. Sucks, but it is finally getting a little better. I wont push it.

·
Registered
11,844 Posts
It is actually an old injury from baseball that weakened my elbow... I get tennis elbow bad and have to treat it as soon as it gets to hurting... It flared up about 6 weeks ago while I was painting and drying brushes and cleaning them. It was sore and I fished pretty hard, then went and caught 6 carp in two days all of which were pretty large and that just put me in pain. Then I went on an all day float a week later and casted a bunch. Rowing the raft didn't hurt, but casting tore me up. That was three weeks ago and my elbow is just starting to feel a little better. I also type about 3-10 pages a day with my work. All of this is self imposed. I am taking good care of it for the last couple weeks though and finally feeling a bit better. I gotta save what is left of spring.

·
Registered
883 Posts
I will be watching a bunch of beautiful women in fishnet stockings and booty shorts kicking the crap out of each other on rollerskates, then drinking beer with them! I figured since there were Fishnets involved it was ok to post. ;)

·
Registered
12,554 Posts
sorelips said:
I will be watching a bunch of beautiful women in fishnet stockings and booty shorts kicking the crap out of each other on rollerskates, then drinking beer with them! I figured since there were Fishnets involved it was ok to post. ;)
I hate you Chris! Send me pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
11,844 Posts
sorelips said:
YUM!!!

·
Registered
11,844 Posts
trout4steak said:
All sounds awesome, guys!!....save for Oyey. That sucks, dude :( :(. Get that "healed" soon!!
Tryin hard... I have two new rods I have never cast! I just can't rush it... it has to heel completely at this point or it will just linger like a fart in waders.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts