Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are any of the metro spots open? It's warm today but It it's been cold recently so I don't want to drive down there and not be able to cast into open water. I got some new gear I want to try out. I was thinking chatfield or cherry creek. I have a feeling they're probBly frozen but any info would be appreciated. You can PM me if you would prefer. Thanks. Also, I was messing around with my new shimano Cardiff and there were a couple times where I accidentally reeled a loop to the level wind. I had the drag set pretty tight,too. As long as I didn't notice anything break and it's functioning properly all is good right? I'm probably just being paranoid. I just got it in the mail last night after wanting something like it for a long time. Really stoked to get out and use it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
There is a spray called Reel Magic.It gives better baitcasting performance,cuts down on backlash & if you get one it's easier to undo.Available at Wal-mart,Dicks & Sportsmans Warehouse.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I ended up at carter. Last weekend it was about2/3 frozen or more. Now it's about half frozen. Definitely fishable. Saw a couple guys getting into float tubes which got me stoked and thinking I should float carter myself.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts