Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
24,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Cuz they're having the airshow there!?...so much for annual pass maybe they can fill it up with a few more dates you cant use the reservoir...

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Damn, them metro lakes... Pay more get less
Well I guess that's Colorado in general smh
Fishing sounds rough at a town this year

·
Registered
24,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mark and Tony have been practicing for this all year long..
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! <zLighter> lol it didnt take long for a valid explanation...

·
Registered
24,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Maverick is buzzing Goose's tower!...

Boon had my boat out once Atown for about 7 hours...havent heard ant reports...

·
Registered
24,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mark and Tony have been practicing for this all year long..
Even Diane is laughing at that...she saw the original rc photo...and knows the story behind hAirport 2014...

·
Registered
7,804 Posts
Honestly, I am growing tired of Aurora Res. They seem to care less and less about their original core of park users.

I'm not naive, I know why all these events are happening. If you've been fishing there as long as I have, you've seen the changes. More and more people there just for recreation. Not necessarily fishing, but enjoying the lake and the water. I have no issue with that. I do have an issue though, with the powers that be realizing how much money there is to be made off of the groups of recreational park users. I know there's money to be made, and it benefits the park, but it seems like the core users are being pushed aside, and even taken for granted.

They push that stupid trout derby every year. That's the only thing aimed at fishermen. If you ask me, it's not even aimed at serious fishermen, just the group of "fishermen" that fish a few times a year. There are many opportunities for derbies or tournaments that can be done there, but for some reason, they don't want or care about doing them. I know Daris put in all of the leg work for the original night fishing opportunities, but you'd think with the popularity of it, they'd jump on that as a cash cow. Night events, spring through fall tournaments, and whatever happened to the Fire and Ice event?

I guess the times, they are a changin'. It's not the worst thing, at least it forces me to spread my wings a bit. ;)

·
Registered
24,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Honestly, I am growing tired of Aurora Res. They seem to care less and less about their original core of park users.

I'm not naive, I know why all these events are happening. If you've been fishing there as long as I have, you've seen the changes. More and more people there just for recreation. Not necessarily fishing, but enjoying the lake and the water. I have no issue with that. I do have an issue though, with the powers that be realizing how much money there is to be made off of the groups of recreational park users. I know there's money to be made, and it benefits the park, but it seems like the core users are being pushed aside, and even taken for granted.

They push that stupid trout derby every year. That's the only thing aimed at fishermen. If you ask me, it's not even aimed at serious fishermen, just the group of "fishermen" that fish a few times a year. There are many opportunities for derbies or tournaments that can be done there, but for some reason, they don't want or care about doing them. I know Daris put in all of the leg work for the original night fishing opportunities, but you'd think with the popularity of it, they'd jump on that as a cash cow. Night events, spring through fall tournaments, and whatever happened to the Fire and Ice event?

I guess the times, they are a changin'. It's not the worst thing, at least it forces me to spread my wings a bit. ;)
Amen brother I couldnt of put it better!!!...

Crystal bless her heart drove a lot of that stuff for fishing too..

·
Registered
24,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
To their credit we did get the "Spruce Goose" boat dock that I heard came in at nearly $200,000...makes you wonder if someone's relative on the Aurora City Council was a dock builder...when they could of put two standard ones on both edges of the of the ramp with no loss of boat drop of lanes...created a sideways wave break from the east and still had 2 dock side drop off lanes and 2 lanes with a drop the boat in and go for boats with more than one person and had the two outside sides of both docks for tying your boat off if you were fishing solo so you could run up and get your car...oh well we got the spruce goose...

·
Registered
98 Posts
According to the air show website, they will be launching rockets and flying drones. My guess is it will occur over the water.

·
Registered
633 Posts
To their credit we did get the "Spruce Goose" boat dock that I heard came in at nearly $200,000...makes you wonder if someone's relative on the Aurora City Council was a dock builder...when they could of put two standard ones on both edges of the of the ramp with no loss of boat drop of lanes...created a sideways wave break from the east and still had 2 dock side drop off lanes and 2 lanes with a drop the boat in and go for boats with more than one person and had the two outside sides of both docks for tying your boat off if you were fishing solo so you could run up and get your car...oh well we got the spruce goose...
Agreed!!!!!! Gotta be the worst dock ever!!!!! Careful what you wish for...you just might get it:). (Of course cherry creek docks are pretty lame too )

·
Registered
67 Posts
For I pay to get in there, you think they could expend a bit of labor to shovel the goose **** off the dock once in awhile.

·
Registered
24,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
They don't shovel the "Manning" off the dock at Cherry Creek either...

·
Registered
127 Posts
If Aurora Parks were smart, they would allow anyone who had a pass to go over to Quincy and be able to launch boats ......put trailer in the lake. That would be nice.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts