Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey does anyone no what the real deal is with the CF&I lakes down in Pueblo. Those were killer for all warm water species and the lower lake probably has state record sized wipers and saugeye in it. After they closed it to the public (was a pay and fish lake) I heard it was going to be sold to the state but that was 5 years ago.

·
Registered
83 Posts
dont know the real deal but, if you get the urge, i'm looking for a partner thats willing to "sneak" in after dark ;D

·
Registered
67 Posts
Okay last I knew you have to be an employee and its like $50 to $75 a year and you can take one family guest with you. No boats, or float tubes or any thing on the water.
I think it SUCKS!!!! I want to get out there!! It was great when you could just go to the bait shop pay your $ and go fish for the day. Since the mill has changed hands they realy dont want people out there fishing for liability reasons I guess.
Those lakes should be hopping now. They have been closed down for so long, and state record fish have always been caught out of there.
My stepdad works out at the mill and I will ask him tonight about it again. I think I'm close though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts