Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought this one might be interesting. Some are obvious, others are not.

Mine is from Anthony Michael Hall's character in the movie sixteen candles Because...well....we're both geeks ;D

enjoy!

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Some people have answered this question before, but the topic was removed at the request of the person who started it. So if you have explained it before, feel free to do it one more time.

I've always had mine from the first time I signed on the internet in 1994, I was reading the thing called Username and it said pick a name unique to you that you want people to recognize you by. I of course tried my first name it was taken, then my last name it was taken. I had the radio on and the song epic by faith no more was on and I tried it and it work, just keep it ever since.

B

·
0 Posts
I started going to Walleye central years ago and allot of guys went by first name and state tHEy were from another thus Bobco, another long lost soul is Neal/co,,,,,, nothing to exciting.....

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
"Walking Eagle" was my CB radio handle back in the '70s when CB was hot and everybody had one in their car. So I just kept it. Much easier than actually thinking. ;)

-- KBJF2881

·
Registered
82 Posts
My middle name...Cayton...is an Americanized version of Kajitan...a German name.

Cayton has been the middle name of the first born son for seven generations; it goes back to Saint Kajitan.

I like the original spelling and history behind it so I use it as my screen name a lot.

·
Registered
107 Posts
SBEBDLLH=
SBE for Super Black Eagle, the shotgun I use made by Benelli.
BDL for Remington 700 BDL in 30-06 is my rifle.
LH because both of my guns and the rest of me for that matter are made for leftys, I even got to use the better scissors when I was in grade school.

I was first introduced to forums when I moved here to Nebraska and found the NGPC forum which is on our Game and Parks site. It contained valuable information on it about techniques, areas and banter and I decided instread of trolling, I would join and answer and ask questions my self. This is the only other forum I am active in because I spent 16 years growing up fishing like a madman in Colorado. This site gives me a fix for my old stomping grounds and sometimes I can even offer a little help with some questions about hunting or fishing.
Craig

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
well, I resemble a bear in stature (or did when I was heavier), I go in the water and wade fish like a bear does, I catch fish with my hands sometimes like a bear does, I can eat a fish faster than just about anyone, I've been known to eat fish raw, and my favorite fish to catch is a big strong river trout. Put it together TroutFishingBear

T

·
0 Posts
i used to fish in a lot of bass and walleye pro/am tourneys years ago. those pro guys would just hammer the fish, as they should, they were pros. and me - well i would barely represent as an amature. i would always say "man, how do you guys do it" and many, especially those bass pros with the thick southern accent and drawll would say "it's all tek-neek son" meaning technique. i always cracked up on it. years later when i found myself getting others into the sport, it was sort of the same deal, and when asked why i did well - "tekneek", strickly "tekneek".
so i figured it would be an appropriate internet fishing site handle.

M

·
0 Posts
i used to be obsessed with mustangs, dad had a 67 289 3 spd and i wanted an old one so bad and could tell u everything

now i think theyre sick but i dont care too much, glad i got my lil truck cuz its way more practical for my outdoorsyness

N

·
0 Posts
Because when I'm not catching trout, I am thinking about trout, I have trout tatooed on my body and when I sleep I dream about trout. Plus most of my buddys will tell you that all I ever talk about is trout(and flyfishing), and they call me a dirty trout bum, and as most of you must have figured out by now, I am no good at all :)

·
Registered
90 Posts
"Orion, the bottom here is all rocks, so don't let the lure sink too long. Hang on Eli, I'm coming...here, its not hard, just poke the hook through the worm a coupla times like this. OK O, gimme the pole...this is how you break the line...lemme tie on a new lure. Stop winding the reel Eli or the line will get more tangled...lemme have the pole. What, stuck again allready?"

1 - 20 of 122 Posts